Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guilty Pleasures in the Parks

I haven't been to Disney in a while, and I never have been to Sea World (this will one day change). So my guilty pleasure at UOR is.......................................................... The Cat in the Hat! I didn't spend a lot of time in Seuss last year, but everytime I go to Universal I hop on Cat at least once on each trip.

I thought of some more...

Journey to Atlantis - I honestly love this ride. It gets such a bad rep for the confusing storyline, but it is so much fun and I love the facade and the little dark-ride portion.

Disney's Hollywood Studios - I love this park. Not as much as USF, but I still really, really like it. Though I much prefer Sunset Blvd. and Hollywood Blvd. over the other half of the park. They are two really nicely themed areas (just take down the hat). Plus, Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are two of my favorite rides. I think I could spend at least 5 hours just going between the two... Haha.

Disney's Animal Kingdom - Another park, like DHS, that gets a bad rep for being a "half day" park. Still, I believe it's a park that stays true to intended message, and besides Chester & Hester's and Camp Minnie Mickey, the park is beautifully designed and so well themed.

I still wouldn't call these "guilty pleasures", but they are things that I enjoy more than others say that they do.

FINDING MONEY!!!! Checking every pay phone, water canon, bench, vending machine, ground, etc for change... on 1 visit to both parks in one day I have found over $2.00 in change! Keep in mind I do this EVERYWHERE I go, & find up to $5.00 in change per month... that's around $50-$60 of free money per year!!!

FINDING MONEY!!!! Checking every pay phone, water canon, bench, vending machine, ground, etc for change... on 1 visit to both parks in one day I have found over $2.00 in change! Keep in mind I do this EVERYWHERE I go, & find up to $5.00 in change per month... that's around $50-$60 of free money per year!!!

:lol: Good one! I actually always check the cubby on my FJ bench seat :look: but you're next level :lol:

Mine would have to be

Universal Studios = Horror Make up show. Crack's me up every time.
Islands of Adventure = The Cat and the Hat. This is more of my wife's but I get dragged on ever time were there.
MGM (I refuse to address it by any other name)= Great Movie Ride.
Epcot= Gran Fiesta tour. The Three Caballeros are the best
Disney World= Mickey's not so scary Halloween party. I'm a sucker for free candy and zero wait times.
Animal Kingdom = Everest. I completely missed the Disco yeti the first time I rode it.
Seaworld = TBD. I haven't been in twenty years, maybe next year.

And I have some serious ones for Epcot. Don't judge.

Nemo
Turtle Talk
Gran Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Impressions de France

I actually enjoy all of those but Nemo and Gran Fiesta. Turtle Talk can end up being a lot like that old show Kids Say the Darnedest Things, especially in the evenings if Crush is playing the script a little more loose. And I will drag my girlfriend into Impressions de France if I have to. Not only do I love the amazing visuals (I really want to spend a few weeks just exploring Europe), but that soundtrack! The ending with the organ blasting...a little slice of music heaven.

Epcot-Living with the land and the soda stations
Magic Kingdom- Tomorrowland Transit
MGM- Great Movie ride, one man's dream (or whatever its called)

USF- Finnegan's has good drinks named after rides ,alcoholic drinks, some of them are no longer there, I once had an ecto-plasm drink.
and you have to put ET as my guilty pleasure.

Its funny there are more guilty pleasures at Disney than Universal, I guess it makes sense considering they dont change much.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority, no questions. A ride to nowhere.. a place to sit down and BS. It's always nice.

As highfiveandy mentioned... some of the Finnegan's drinks are a guilty pleasure. At HHN I ordered a "Shark Attack" and it came out in a mammoth fish bowl. I was crazy embarrassed. But in no way did that stop me from drinking the whole thing.

I'll even add Liquid Fear/Whatever they call the HHN cocktail every year. I always have to get a few when I visit during Horror Nights or Mardi Gras.

I spend about 15 min every visit to IOA just to go by Popeye's and soak unsuspecting patrons. I have way too much fun with it. My girlfriend calls it "childlike wonderment".

I love doing that. I've gone through so many quarters.:lol:

I like to play air hockey at the arcade in Marvel. I also love the TTA. Everytime I go to MK, I ride it.

Magic Kingdom - The little mermaid. I don't know why but I love this ride. I'm going to admit I have done it 7 times in one day.
EPCOT - Captain EO. It's really corny but it's a lot of fun.
Hollywood Studios - Beauty and the Beast. Not a really good or bad show for most people, but I go see it all the time.
Animal Kingdom - Primeval Whirl. Yes, I wait in line for this.
Universal Studios - Twister. It's really well done past the first room, and the audience reactions are always great.
IOA - Camp Jurassic. Yeah, I'm 18, but I still run through it.

Magic Kingdom - The little mermaid. I don't know why but I love this ride. I'm going to admit I have done it 7 times in one day.
EPCOT - Captain EO. It's really corny but it's a lot of fun.
Hollywood Studios - Beauty and the Beast. Not a really good or bad show for most people, but I go see it all the time.
Animal Kingdom - Primeval Whirl. Yes, I wait in line for this.
Universal Studios - Twister. It's really well done past the first room, and the audience reactions are always great.
IOA - Camp Jurassic. Yeah, I'm 18, but I still run through it.

I forgot how much I like Captain EO.

My newest guilty pleasure is the beef brisket sandwich at the Smokehouse restaurant under Shield at Busch Gardens Tampa. That sandwich was seriously some good food.