Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 263 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at this the more concerned I become. This seems very complicated with track switches and other things that have been known to be problematic for Intamin in the past. I see a long process of getting this running properly and lots of downtime when it does open.
The Gringotts fiasco makes me nervous for this, but I feel this is slightly less complex

Reactions: SkiBum
The more I look at this the more concerned I become. This seems very complicated with track switches and other things that have been known to be problematic for Intamin in the past. I see a long process of getting this running properly and lots of downtime when it does open.
I have a feeling they’ll be able to test coaster elements before opening. Well before final themed elements and AAs are installed they should have trains on the track.

And at least this time, no screens to sync with RVs.

I wish there was a little more coaster after that final launch. The overbanked turn looks amazing, but then one more turn and you’re on the brake run. Hate to sound like a broken record, but pacing is definitely going to be the biggest variable and my gut reaction is saying that the pacing will be good but might leave a little something to be desired. That being said, I’m very excited for this project and think it’ll be a smash.

I’m talking about the type of vehicle it will be as in the seats and supports. Something like RRR or mummy like that.

I’d expect a variation of a typical family coaster. We know the trains seat two per row, with 7 rows. This won’t need more than a lap bar. So along the lines of Everest, BTMR, etc. Verbolten is a different manufacturer, but I good example of a themed family drop track coaster

So, has it yet been revealed what the round structure will be? It looks far too large to be a “hut”.
My guess is stable-like structure. Similar to Hippogriff’s load station theming. But round like Hagrid’s Hut.

(Remember, Hagrid’s a half giant. A hut to him is bigger than a hut to us.)

EDIT: Also, I think the walls we’re seeing get built now is kind of like the basement. Everything below track level will likely be buried/covered in vegetation. And it’ll be made to look like the track is on the ground level inside. Just a guess anyway.

Last edited:
(Remember, Hagrid’s a half giant. A hut to him is bigger than a hut to us.)

Right, but we have excellent representation of the size of the hut in the movie Azkaban. The footprint set forth in the ride is four times the size of that. I am not clear whether you are saying it is Hagrid’s Hut or you are somewhat unsure at this time.

Right, but we have excellent representation of the size of the hut in the movie Azkaban. The footprint set forth in the ride is four times the size of that. I am not clear whether you are saying it is Hagrid’s Hut or you are somewhat unsure at this time.
I don’t think it’s Hagrid’s hut. His house has two sections and this’ll be just 1 round section. I’ve been calling it a hut based on shape and style as I understand it to be.

Jim Hill referred to it as Hagrid’s summer house on the Disney Dish for example. So, not a location from the movies, but probably done in the same style as his home, or the stables, as far as theming.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Teebin
Status
Not open for further replies.