Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 689 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride was SO good and a lot of fun!! Thanks to all of you here on IU, I knew a lot of details (but purposely did not watch any POVs beforehand).

I got in line around 3:54 and got to ride at 7:21. The weather delays were not as long as the other delays we had (as @Brian G. mentioned, tech issues). There were a few prerecorded ride delay announcements while in line, as well as a team member in the control room making announcements.

Again, the ride is so much fun. UO really hit it out of the park with this one. Love it so much, looking forward to hearing all your reviews. :)

3 hours? Out of 8. Yikes! That doesn't bode well.... any idea how many trains they were running?

In fairness, it was more like 4 to 5 hours. It was open from 12pm and went down around 3pm, then resumed operations right after 6pm. They closed the queue at 7pm, but it kept operating after that. Not sure if it went to 8pm, but assuming so (or until everyone still in line rode).

Reactions: Ryno27
So can someone explain the loading station? Is it like RRR? And what do the cards do?
It is a moving platform like Rockit, but slower. Riders are given either a motorbike or sidecar card ahead of time, so there’s no confusion or last minute decision making at load.

As far as I’ve heard, yes you can trade them with other members of your party... And yes you can request the one you want more (especially if requesting motorbike for the better accessibility for larger folks, as I plan to do).

I'm assuming the centaur still tells us to leave the forest through speakers at least.

Don't count on it. You're not with him for long.

It is a moving platform like Rockit, but slower. Riders are given either a motorbike or sidecar card ahead of time, so there’s no confusion or last minute decision making at load.

As far as I’ve heard, yes you can trade them with other members of your party... And yes you can request the one you want more (especially if requesting motorbike for the better accessibility for larger folks, as I plan to do).

This is gonna be Mission Space on Steriods for a while. You're gonna hear, "Motorbike on the right, sidecar on the left" in your sleep :lol:

I read it just sticking to my theory that the ride will never run 10 - 12 trains. Yes they are testing and it will take time to get the operations running smooth but I take my jabs when I can.

Soooo the fact that they shut it down for rain had absolutely nothing to do with how long people waited in line and was only because it can't run more trains.

K

Here’s the first thoughts from one of my friends who rode the ride earlier:

I'd rank it the best off the three main Potter rides. Has a simple, coherent story, doesn't rely on a deep understanding of potter knowledge (I think), and is a very nice coaster. Queue was mediocre, they have to fix some audio issues though.
Added slightly spoiler-y thoughts:
Felt like not enough changed in the queue. There were new rooms, some of which were cool, but way too much of it was the same empty tunnels that once held the bones from Dueling Dragons. Preshow placement seemed a bit weird (almost first in the queue) and the loophole of using a reflected screen here as opposed to no screens bothered me with Universal's promises.

Was very hard to hear audio anywhere in the queue too. I couldd tell it was Hagrid talking, but couldn't make out what he was saying (including the preshow)

Last edited:
Here’s the first thoughts from one of my friends who rode the ride earlier:

I'd rank it the best off the three main Potter rides. Has a simple, coherent story, doesn't rely on a deep understanding of potter knowledge (I think), and is a very nice coaster. Queue was mediocre, they have to fix some audio issues though.
The mediocre queue part had to do with one of the preshows which he didn’t like.

The only legit complaints I've seen have been with the queue, not the ride itself. The overall noise level and amount of AC is questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.