Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 690 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoilers of some things I heard regarding the rides today

Cons
- Queue is fairly unchanged and hot in certain parts.
- Sidecar seat is a more restrictive compared to motor bike seat.
- No row requests
- Story is a bit confusing, especially to a Non-Potter person.
- Hagrid scene goes by super fast.

Pros
- Ride has some great speed to it through the launches, especially the last one. Ride feels like an inversion-less Cheetah Chase with dark ride scenes.
- Track is very smooth.
- Ride time feels super long.
- Drop track is smooth and is over before you know it.
- Lots of quality animatronics, especially Devil's Snare and Skrewt.
- So much to take in that this offers great re-rideability to see all the little details of Potter magic.

Geez, I take a break from this sight for the weekend and come back to almost 20 pages of comments for this thread. As a west-coaster, I'm so excited for you locals and those making the trek to ride this. I'm so jealous I won't be able to experience this anytime soon. Sounds like this is a real winner with hardly any complaints. I'll have to resort to enjoying this vicariously through your guys' posts and YouTube videos once they appear.

Sorry if I missed this - what're Universals plans on Thursday for the opening?

I took the day off on Thursday, but I saw another news article saying that guests will be riding on Friday... So just trying to gauge if I should switch my day off from Thursday to Friday.

Thanks!

Birdie told me Universal is concerned with guest load speed and stacking trains. If one train had a delayed dispatch it could lead to stacking throughout the attraction and possible shut down. Right now they’re testing load and training on a reduced amount of trains so if there is an issue the trains will all fit in load and the final break run. Once they’re more comfortable they’ll add more trains (and likely speed up the belt).

Sorry if I missed this - what're Universals plans on Thursday for the opening?

I took the day off on Thursday, but I saw another news article saying that guests will be riding on Friday... So just trying to gauge if I should switch my day off from Thursday to Friday.

Thanks!

The attraction opens on Thursday and guests will be riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to be that guy, but Ive been on Vacation for a week and don't have time to catch up on 30+ pages. Seems like based on last few pages, TMs have started and reviews are great! Any other big news I missed? So exciting guys!

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Birdie told me Universal is concerned with guest load speed and stacking trains. If one train had a delayed dispatch it could lead to stacking throughout the attraction and possible shut down. Right now they’re testing load and training on a reduced amount of trains so if there is an issue the trains will all fit in load and the final break run. Once they’re more comfortable they’ll add more trains (and likely speed up the belt).

The attraction opens on Thursday and guests will be riding.
Really hoping that's why the load and ruins are so long so they can take the grunt of the stacking. The entire momentum of that ride will be killed getting stuck in the hut or drop track building, As any ride with block sections or continuous operation would.

Reactions: alias8703
So Confirmed AA’s in the ride: Hagrid, Skrewt, Fluffy and Devils Snare. Any others??

The unicorn pair and maybe the centaur - but I can't remember if he moves or not.

I’m curious what the “thrill factor” is. Anyone post about that?

I would rate it as a bit more thrilling than Cheetah Hunt, maybe on the level of Everest.

Sorry to be that guy, but Ive been on Vacation for a week and don't have time to catch up on 30+ pages. Seems like based on last few pages, TMs have started and reviews are great! Any other big news I missed? So exciting guys!

That's been the biggest news, I think. Also that starting June 14th, there may be times when team members ask guests to use Virtual Line.

FYI, in the indoor queue, guests will see two video screens that explain how to load the vehicles, before load. One part of the screen says left for sidecar, right for motorbike. As @Alicia explained, riders are given a card before entering the last leg of the queue. The card indicates sidecar or motorbike. I decided I would ride in the sidecar. The guy I was next to in line preferred the motorbike*. After we passed the TM handing out the cards, we encountered the last queue that was divided down the middle with dark blue paint (or tape?). I stood to the left of the line but was confused because no one else was standing in front of me - everyone was to the right of the line. A TM was beckoning me to move forward, saying, "Sidecar, sidecar," and that took me to the front of the line.

It was confusing because I was like, does that mean everyone else in that other line really wanted the motorbike? Maybe? It also meant I did not ride with the guy I intended to ride with (which is fine because I was a party of one when I entered the queue). I was happy because it allowed me to ride much faster, but I wonder why the left and right queues were so lopsided. If there were parties of two together, did they not realize that if everyone wants to ride on the motorbike, they wouldn't be riding side-by-side? Just some thoughts.

*In addition to the tech delays and not functioning at full capacity, another element that may have added to the long wait times yesterday was because around the time I was in the last queue room, the TMs were having every person test out the test seats.

Last edited:
The unicorn pair and maybe the centaur - but I can't remember if he moves or not.

I would rate it as a bit more thrilling than Cheetah Hunt, maybe on the level of Everest.

That's been the biggest news, I think. Also that starting June 14th, there may be times when team members ask guests to use Virtual Line.

FYI, in the indoor queue, guests will see two video screens that explain how to load the vehicles, before load. One part of the screen says left for sidecar, right for motorbike. As @Alicia explained, riders are given a card before entering the last leg of the queue. The card indicates sidecar or motorbike. I decided I would ride in the sidecar. The guy I was next to in line preferred the motorbike*. After we passed the TM handing out the cards, we encountered the last queue that was divided down the middle with dark blue paint (or tape?). I stood to the left of the line but was confused because no one else was standing in front of me - everyone was to the right of the line. A TM was beckoning me to move forward, saying, "Sidecar, sidecar," and that took me to the front of the line.

It was confusing because I was like, does that mean everyone else in that other line really wanted the motorbike? Maybe? It also meant I did not ride with the guy I intended to ride with (which is fine because I was a party of one when I entered the queue). I was happy because it allowed me to ride much faster, but I wonder why the left and right queues were so lopsided. If there were parties of two together, did they not realize that if everyone wants to ride on the motorbike, they wouldn't be riding side-by-side? Just some thoughts.

*In addition to the tech delays and not functioning at full capacity, another element that may have added to the long wait times yesterday was because around the time I was in the last queue room, the TMs were having every person test out the test seats.

Omg..so you can't ride with your spouse or child on here??
I was hoping that the centaur whipped his hair from side to side before raising his bow...

Hahahahahahaha!!! Do not make me laugh like that this on the job teebin!! That is hee-larious and very! Visual :lol::lol::lol::lol::lmao:and would have been too realistic!! Petition now lol!!

Last edited:
Reactions: HPFred
Don’t get all your hopes up, and don’t go telling all of social media and get their hopes up... but, I am hearing the walls blocking the exit path we’re taken down this morning.

There will be TM previews again today, likely starting soon... but if they’re scheduled to end some time in the afternoon... hmmm.

Again, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Just letting you know.

Don’t get all your hopes up, and don’t go telling all of social media and get their hopes up... but, I am hearing the walls blocking the exit path we’re taken down this morning.

There will be TM previews again today, likely starting soon... but if they’re scheduled to end some time in the afternoon... hmmm.

Again, I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Just letting you know.
They need all the practice they can get..Tm's or guests ;)

Reactions: Felipe and Alicia
Status
Not open for further replies.