Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 240 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe? If they want to have music the whole ride, then yes. If not, then location specific speakers should be enough...

Who're we kidding? This is a Potter attraction, of course it'll have on-board audio! (The only one that doesn't is Flight of the Hippogriff.)

I did notice that he put the enclosure in the middle there beyond the "3 show buildings" that we knew about. The long middle "bridge" area where we've seen building footers now.

He also had Fluffy inside. If only we were that lucky :(

I did notice that he put the enclosure in the middle there beyond the "3 show buildings" that we knew about. The long middle "bridge" area where we've seen building footers now.

He also had Fluffy inside. If only we were that lucky :(

That’s really interesting. This had to have been made before Bio did he recent aerials. That’s one heck of a coincidence.

Reactions: Ryno27
This is going to be sooooo good that I'll probably be delaying my regular May Orlando vacation next year, unless this will be finished earlier than expected. No way I go to Orlando in 2019 until this is open and ready to go. I haven't been this excited for an attraction since an entire land, Diagon, opened in 2014. And the main reason I'm going to Orlando this December is to see the HP Christmas shows (Hogwart's, Celistina) and decorations they put in last year. Potter is certainly a driver for my vacation decisions. And I'm just a Universal Potter fan to boot, as I've said many times. .

Thanks y’all! (My Nintendo vid will hit 1 million views today, and I’m kinda freaking out.)

As for the round building. I think it may be a unique situation, and built differently than a regular structure. More like a gazebo with some walls, and not a concrete fully enclosed structure, if you know what I mean. I’m betting a different crew is building that one, that will also be constructing other themed elements for the ride that can’t be built until track is in place. My guess anyway.

So the question remains of what will be housed in that building. Will it be hippogriffs? Thestrals? Or blast-ended skrewts ?

That’s really interesting. This had to have been made before Bio did he recent aerials. That’s one heck of a coincidence.
You know, he may have thought to use a covered bridge style for the end of the ride because I used a clip of Verbolten for that part of my video with a covered bridge. (I accidentally may have given away more details than I thought.)

covered.jpg

So that’s to have multiple trains stoped one behind another coming out of the unload?
I’m addition to coming in fast from the segment before it. Slows us down, and gives extra space for inevitable backups of trains due to slow downs or stops at load. Yea, my thought anyway.

Unload will be short and only hold one train on the belt at a time I believe. That last turn before entering back into the load building will have trains waiting to go to unload.

You know, he may have thought to use a covered bridge style for the end of the ride because I used a clip of Verbolten for that part of my video with a covered bridge. (I accidentally may have given away more details than I thought.)

View attachment 6819

Do we finally get the twisty bridge? That would be awesome. But that also implies the building we go into is Hogwarts.

Edit: now that I think about it, that’s where the dragon attacks in Forbidden Journey so that makes it not likely.

Last edited:
Just saw this photo from Intamin
moto-coaster-03.jpg

The track structure is so similar...
Look it in action

Will there be any overbanked turns on this? The banking in the concept video seemed really tame.
It is a bit more intense on that kind of ride for some reason...to me anyway

I believe the ride system will feature a motorbike and side car, but will NOT have the motorbike restraints like this shows. I mean if this ride loads on a conveyor how can they load and then check restraints on that?
They can't, thank the maker...Those were the most uncomfortable restraints ever

Only fear is that this looks like it could be way too similar to Forbidden Journey. I love that Ford Anglia effect depicted in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.