Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I meant that I hope there's rockwork from the bottom to like the middle, and then painted trees poking out the top behind the rocks.

Funny thing is that sound barriers along interstates now have texture to them. Seems like they could use something similar and paint it. Obviously, make it more jagged to make it seem more like a cliff.

I'm very curious what the look of the forest will be. In the films, it's dark and gloomy, as if cloaked in perpetual night, populated by exaggeratedly thick tree trunks.

Will they be attempting to recreate that darkness?

I've read that Puzzlewood Forest was Rowling's inspiration for her fictional forest. A decidedly more cheerful looking place.

I wonder if we will be getting a very different portrayal from the films.

I think the wall should either be cut again along the top to have the shape of mountains instead of trees, and the trees behind it trimmed for the perspective effect. There's also two layers of metal, so that could help with dimension.

pottermural.jpg

Also, badlactose, I think that this is more meant to be the edge of the forest instead of the actual forest. I think if it were Forbidden Forest, we'd have an interior dark ride. But since it's already featured in FJ, I'm not so sure they're trying to go for that here, for better or worse (because I would have absolutely loved a walkthrough FF queue).

Status
Not open for further replies.