Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 409 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve tried spoiler tags and separate threads with Kong and it lead to headaches and confusion.

It’s a speculation thread and information is shared and is no different than many different threads and articles on this site and others.

Reactions: truejonas
Considering Universal gives out 0 information on their rides, these boards would be devoid of conversation without "speculation".

They release information, including an entire blog, when the ride is close to opening... that's how this has always worked.

Look, I'm playing both sides of this and I get it... I, for one, am excited for hopefully not another 3D ride BUT I don't sit here with a pitch fork and make picket signs for the fact Uni made 3D rides in the past. I don't see any plus side in angry speculation anymore -- all it seems to do is cultivate the "I wish they did this..." and "I can't believe they..." over and over again. Which just seems to make everyone bitter and angry and never happy with the finished product.

I get you're excited, we ALL are for this ride, and whatever comes next, but my biggest issue is people jumping fences, taking helicopter trips, and releasing leaked information... it hurts everyone, and just sucks.

Again, I've been reading these forums, and many others (all the way back to IOA Central) -- I guess "fan" culture changed at some point, maybe I missed that boat - but I enjoy the element of surprise, and posting unfinished, very leaky information definitely isn't where I'm at anymore. Nobody's forcing me to read these posts, or threads, I just wanted to give my 2 cents, which is the purpose of the forums... after all ;)

I mostly just read these forums and don't write anything but couldn't stop myself this time. Why are you reading this particular forum? There are 408 pages of speculation that has in some way appeared at true. Alicia has given some really great input on this coaster. I was even led to these forums because of her. If you don't like the ride to be ruined for you then don't read the forums. Its that easy. What else would fill up this forum besides comments on how excited people are for the ride. That would be quite boring after a while. You are entitled to your opinion but don't attack someone who has really given a lot of people on this forum something to enjoy. Please continue posting Alicia and spoiler tags would be so tiresome for you. Don't bother.

Honestly people, if you can't handle this thread don't read it. Quit trying to change it to suit your personal preferences. Nobody's forcing you to come in here. So annoying.
I come here because speculation is fun. It always has been. Way back when I joined these sites I fell in love w it. But for me? There’s a line. And we all know there are insiders on this board. Sometimes they are very open other times they will hint - keep it fun.

These aren’t hints. These are major elements being spoiled. From the layout to the train to fluffy to the snare to the car crash. It’s exhausting. This isn’t “speculating”. It’s spoiling the ride. Change the title. It’s misleading.

Last edited:
What's funny is I've posted tons of things that I'm pretty sure are true, and had no complaints. But the pixies thing is actually just speculation, and I need to spoiler tag it?

Until we actually ride it and see Fluffy, pretty sure that's just speculation/rumor as well. None of the things I say could be true, until we see it in the flesh.

These aren’t hints. These are major elements being spoiled. From the layout to the train to fluffy to the snare to the car crash. It’s exhausting. This isn’t “speculating”. It’s spoiling the ride. Change the title. It’s misleading.

But again...we've been discussing these things for *months*. If you didn't want to be spoiled, why stay in the thread?

So suddenly the point of these forums are to spoil everything?

I've been a long time reader of these forums, and recently it seems to be completely out of hand. What is the purpose of flying a helicopter over the parks to get the first photos of a ride that's not even fully constructed yet? I 100% get being excited over a new ride or venue, but these oddly specific details that some of you are posting is really concerning... call it 'speculation' or whatever you want it just seems wrong to me.

I get you're excited, we ALL are for this ride, and whatever comes next, but my biggest issue is people jumping fences, taking helicopter trips, and releasing leaked information... it hurts everyone, and just sucks.

Again, I've been reading these forums, and many others (all the way back to IOA Central) -- I guess "fan" culture changed at some point, maybe I missed that boat - but I enjoy the element of surprise, and posting unfinished, very leaky information definitely isn't where I'm at anymore. Nobody's forcing me to read these posts, or threads, I just wanted to give my 2 cents, which is the purpose of the forums... after all ;)

Dude... You literally joined today. Construction photos, updates, insider info, speculation... these are literally the exact reasons people are here on this forum. If you don't like it... leave? It's really simple. But you being bothered by construction photos isn't going to change a thing. If you're not looking for that kind of stuff then this is the wrong place for you.

I've been on these forums since the original Potter land was taking shape. Back when Universal was a very different resort. I tend to stick to lurking just because I'm often so busy I don't want to clutter up a thread that I've fallen behind on.
But I can say without a doubt that these forums have always had speculation on major elements of the rides, and lands. We literally fundraised directly on the forums so that some of our contributors could get a helicopter over construction for Potter. You're complaining about someone talking about possibilities for a known element. If Alicia was referring to something she knew to be true, she would have said so. And again, this sort of speculation/insider info is what these forums are built on. It's clear you haven't seen some of our original threads. And you're going after one member in particular pretty fiercly - I don't think you're being very fair.

Boy oh boy.... I was wondering when this was going to happen.

1. Alicia has been gracious enough to share what she chooses to share, however that does not mean everything she shares is inside info. As someone who has seen it, and experienced it first hand... it kinda takes the fun out when ya'll hang on every word as gospel. Sometimes we just like having a conversation with other fans for fun.

2. As Joe said, we tried this with Kong, and it was a disaster. Every speculation thread may have certain posts that may shed some light on what's to come. It may be true, it may be false. We don't know until Universal confirms it, or we experience it ourselves. Another aspect is how do we deem a post as a rumor, inside intel, trolling, or just wreckless speculation? If we started categorizing each discussion, there's no accurate way to weed out the good and the bad info - which introduces more issues.

3. I will admit, there may be a larger discussion that needs to be had about inside information, or known aspects of the future. Alicia is definitely not guilty of this, but times are way different than the Hogsmeade construction discussions. I will create the thread for it.

The New Age of Theme Park Rumors and Discussion | Inside Universal Forums

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.