Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't the pixies involved in the car scene though? They're still in the art
I have no idea where the pixies appear. Or for that matter a lot of other Magical Creatures that may be involved in the ride. I think that's exciting!

I had only guessed they may be during the car scene, but that's not something I've ever heard rumored (and I believe I got some flack for spoilers on that speculation 'round here lol).

I have no idea where the pixies appear. Or for that matter a lot of other Magical Creatures that may be involved in the ride. I think that's exciting!

I had only guessed they may be during the car scene, but that's not something I've ever heard rumored (and I believe I got some flack for spoilers on that speculation 'round here lol).

Got it, I must have been misremembering that

Got it, I must have been misremembering that
Could be in the queue. I'm sure we'll see a lot of interesting things while waiting, especially kinetic movement around. Skull Island does a great job with that with AAs like the witch and the worm thing, amazing projections, and even live actors. Something along those lines would really make waiting in queue a much less painful experience here.

For me that states that the concept art is just that and the vehicles aren't exactly as the real thing.
I can live with that but I think it's a bad way to promote the ride like this when the cars are already in existence and probably will look great. But that is just me. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

It's a point of note that one of my arguments for Universal releasing details was that it would stop any rumours and conflicting information resulting in higher expectations but an image like this could also do the same thing if people think that they're building a coaster with bike seating and then refusing to give any more details.
Congrats on the 10,000th post.

@Mad Dog About 14 acres (Galaxy's Edge is also 14 acres)
wwhp acre.JPG

No bingo after all.
bingo results.png

Last edited:
A part of my soul dies every single time I read someone calling this a kids coaster.

If the ride vehicle doesn't look like this, the coaster ain't a kiddie coaster
Amusement-Park-Equipment-Wacky-Worm-Mini-Cheap-Roller-Coaster-for-Sale-Road-Train-Rides-for-Kids.jpg

Now seriously, the "kid coaster" thing is bull not only because this isn't a small/weak coaster as an Hypogriff or Barnstormer, but is even more bullshit because it follows the dumbest logic of you having to be a certain way and like certain things to be a true adult.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a point of note that one of my arguments for Universal releasing details was that it would stop any rumours and conflicting information resulting in higher expectations but an image like this could also do the same thing if people think that they're building a coaster with bike seating and then refusing to give any more details.

View attachment 8988

No bingo after all.
View attachment 8989
Thanks Scott. I can't recall anyone measuring since HE Hogsmeade station and the area claimed from LC a few years back. Soooo, basically the same size as GESWL, give or take a few feet. Cool.

A part of my soul dies every single time I read someone calling this a kids coaster.

If the ride vehicle doesn't look like this, the coaster ain't a kiddie coaster
Amusement-Park-Equipment-Wacky-Worm-Mini-Cheap-Roller-Coaster-for-Sale-Road-Train-Rides-for-Kids.jpg

Now seriously, the "kid coaster" thing is bullshit not only because this isn't a small/weak coaster as an Hypogriff or Barnstormer, but is even more bullshit because it follows the dumbest logic of you having to be a certain way and like certain things to be a true adult.

All anybody has to do is look at the construction photos to see that this ain't a kids coaster. This will make adults squeamish.

Thanks Scott. I can't recall anyone measuring since HE Hogsmeade station and the area claimed from LC a few years back. Soooo, basically the same size as GESWL, give or take a few feet. Cool.

Also of note is that HMCMA will account for 6.5 acres.

Horrible name.

Cosster bike things don't look fun.

Looking forward to experiencing another attraction and q definitely but not looking forward to the actual coaster train.
Doesnt look like something that would be enjoyable. I hope I am wrong though

Last edited:
I am hoping and maybe that in the Devils Snare part before the drop if we hear Hermione remember about hearing about it and she says the spell and the flick of the wand and we have some kind of special effect like the blue fire. It would be unique too if each time you got something different at Devils Snare, like on Verbolten you either get the Storm, the Black Forest Fairy or the wolfs. Be like a magical ride each time. Or I m probably off but be nice for some AA movement of Devils Snare like it was closing in on you. Probably not happening but would be very nice. Every thing looks very good, and we can breathe a little now with the concept art and announcement. Happy early Bday for me, cant wait until 6/13/19.

View attachment 8988

No bingo after all.
View attachment 8989
One attraction the size of an entire land? Gotta love it :lol:

Considering there’s an opening date, possibly?

Anyway, vehicles are literally this but one side is slightly higher.

wave-breaker-cars.jpg

That's because it isn't going to be like the Boosterbike/Tron Lightcycle Power Run (both same manufacturer).

As @Joe said, proper sit-down for both (with potential seating height difference for sidecar, depending on things), similar to Wave Breaker (which in the case for HMCMA, is the same ride manufacturer)..

BBM0YDg.img

It's just themed differently.

Note: Wavebreaker is a pretty fun little coaster. The 2nd launch is definitely the coolest. But those ride vehicles aren't that fun. If you are short, you'll actually be holding onto the lapbar itself (you can barely see the chrome in Alexander's picture), as you won't be able to reach the handles. Even being taller (6'2"), I feel odd in it.
It wouldn't be my first choice as it's a hair akward/uncomfortable. The benefit is you can look around pretty freely and you don't really slide left and right like a traditional train.

Wavebreaker is also 48" height requirement. I could see shorter riders being pushed towards the sidecar and potentially a smaller height requirement for that seat.

Is or will this be the last expansion of Harry Potter stuff? (Hoping so)

Outside of a Great Hall restaurant and MoM in USF, I would hope not either.
Seriously though- give us a freaking Great hall already! Two stories, kitchen on bottom dining on top. Spell gets cast, smoke goes up while we all stand waiting to be seated, faux empty table collapses unknowingly in the fog and the table full of food pops up out of ground unknowingly. Or use mirrors. Whatever it is, just do it.
Family style, 20 people per table, $70 a head. Start the wait list.

Status
Not open for further replies.