Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on Wavebreaker several times since I live an hour away from San Antonio. The seats are comfortable to me. I have never even noticed a problem but then again I'm only 5'7" so not sure how it would be for someone taller.
I'm 6'1" and they're a tad uncomfortable. It's also an odd load process if you're unfamiliar with it. I enjoy the ride itself, but would probably love it with standard seats.

Last edited:
Looking back.... who in hell started all the rumors that this project was behind schedule??? Foolishness!

On a plant note, did anyone notice that they have planted Norfolk Pines? There are now a very tall bunch of them next to the vertical. They look great and I wonder why they have never used them in Hogsmeade before!
I didn't think you could transplant those? All the ones around here have had the tips broken at some point so they are double tipped but 40 - 50' tall. Gotta love Publix Christmas trees and snowbirds.

I didn't think you could transplant those? All the ones around here have had the tips broken at some point so they are double tipped but 40 - 50' tall. Gotta love Publix Christmas trees and snowbirds.

I dunno, I could be wrong about them being Norfolks but I don’t think so. They are a lush emerald green unlike all the other trees. Anyway, I think one can transplant anything with enough money behind the effort!

Looking back.... who in hell started all the rumors that this project was behind schedule??? Foolishness!

On a plant note, did anyone notice that they have planted Norfolk Pines? There are now a very tall bunch of them next to the vertical. They look great and I wonder why they have never used them in Hogsmeade before!
If my memory serves correct, Theme Park University was one of them (I believe he said Fall opening).....To IU's credit, Brian was always solidly saying it was on schedule.

Last edited:
I dunno, I could be wrong about them being Norfolks but I don’t think so. They are a lush emerald green unlike all the other trees. Anyway, I think one can transplant anything with enough money behind the effort!
Pictures tomorrow!
Maybe they have a huge spade, thought they were a taproot though.

Echoing what Alicia and a couple others on this site have said,A.J. Hummel, who writes for TPI, said the same and threw out some capacity numbers also...."I've had multiple UO team member friends tell me this ride will run as many as a dozen 14 passenger trains and will have continuous loading, which should mean 2000 plus riders per hour". He was replying to a slew of TPI posters that were criticizing the ride saying it would have very low capacity..............Heh TPI posters, this isn't Disney. :lol:

Echoing what Alicia and a couple others on this site have said,A.J. Hummel, who writes for TPI, said the same and threw out some capacity numbers also...."I've had multiple UO team member friends tell me this ride will run as many as a dozen 14 passenger trains and will have continuous loading, which should mean 2000 plus riders per hour". He was replying to a slew of TPI posters that were criticizing the ride saying it would have very low capacity..............Heh TPI posters, this isn't Disney. :lol:

This makes me think it will have a normal queue and not a virtual one.

Wrong - this is all about damned if you don’t, and Universal didn’t, which is why it got the reaction it did on social.

Social isn't all there is to be. Maybe they got what they wanted, maybe not. I'm just reminded of instances when something seemed huge on social media and then nothing crossed over into the meat space.

How could they run 12 trains on the track? Is it possible?

Was dead from the announcement, but I've come back to life to share that I am ready to die again at the hands of Universal and Hagrid this 13th of June. :^)

I'm wondering when the foresty mural will start to go up, and how they will address the sound barrier wall. Work seems to be quiet towards the rear, but that could be because those sections will be added to last, as some have suspected.

I'm also wondering if we'll get any special merchandise for this attraction? Unlikely, but a witch can dream...

Also, congrats on being on the news, @Alicia!

This makes me think it will have a normal queue and not a virtual one.

Social isn't all there is to be. Maybe they got what they wanted, maybe not. I'm just reminded of instances when something seemed huge on social media and then nothing crossed over into the meat space.
No virtual queue.

Pictures tomorrow!
Maybe they have a huge spade, thought they were a taproot though.
Maybe I’ll catch you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.