Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

Unless Dracula is going to make a cameo appearance at your guy's event.

giphy.gif

Fascinating to see Universal Monsters get more of a presence than Ghostbusters in the marketing. Would've thought they'd want to have a big IP like that featured in the ad.
I mean, I think it's kinda obvious—it's a tone thing. Ghostbusters is a big and popular IP, but it isn't scary, and that commercial was supposed to be scary. I'm gonna sound like a broken record leading up to the event, but Ghostbusters—as a known property—is a poor fit for HHN. Could the house end up being great? Sure, but right now it really looks like a fly in the ointment, so to speak.

I mean, I think it's kinda obvious—it's a tone thing. Ghostbusters is a big and popular IP, but it isn't scary, and that commercial was supposed to be scary. I'm gonna sound like a broken record leading up to the event, but Ghostbusters—as a known property—is a poor fit for HHN. Could the house end up being great? Sure, but right now it really looks like a fly in the ointment, so to speak.

People at Orlando are reporting a short TV-Spot trailer with Slimer in it. Probably it had to do with advertising rights, especially considering Legacy was talking about a Trailer Concept with "4 IPs"

EDIT: They mentioned that Ghostbusters wasn't on the House shirt either. Columbia probably just didn't want Ghostbusters sharing space.

There have been far, far worse picks in recent years than Ghostbusters.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

People at Orlando are reporting a short TV-Spot trailer with Slimer in it. Probably it had to do with advertising rights, especially considering Legacy was talking about a Trailer Concept with "4 IPs"

EDIT: They mentioned that Ghostbusters wasn't on the House shirt either. Columbia probably just didn't want Ghostbusters sharing space.

I mean, this is definitely the more logical explanation but I stand by my point lol

One last thing: this bit doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me when I remember that they’re in the process of rebooting the brand. Could be that Columbia specifically requested that their brand not be associated with more violent or macabre IPs, which is another issue of tone/fit. Just a guess though. K I’m done bye.