Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

One last thing: this bit doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me when I remember that they’re in the process of rebooting the brand. Could be that Columbia specifically requested that their brand not be associated with more violent or macabre IPs, which is another issue of tone/fit. Just a guess though. K I’m done bye.

It makes perfect sense from a marketing perspective. They don't want Ghostbusters to be just another face in the crowd. They want it to be Ghostbusters + some other stuff.

The only complaint I have for this commercial was the stranger things part. Wayyyy to meta and corny, besides that very well done especially that Us section!

I'm not entirely sure if this thread is the appropriate place to ask this question but I figured it's harmless and I could really use the help so I'll ask anyway: Does anyone know the specifics of HHN's costume policy?

I know the general rule is no costumes, no masks, and no face paint but what do they consider to be a costume? If my costume just looks like a normal outfit, but I'm wearing some fake facial hair (Hopper from Stranger Things in his Season 3 look if you're wondering), would they turn me away? I'm debating on whether or not I should buy a ticket for 10/31 and this would make or break my decision.
The entire rules are on the faqs of the horror nights page.

Not sure how to embed a tweet or attach a photo, but I saw an interesting tweet from a member of the HHN Art department today that stated..

“Nothing is more soul crushing than having a project pulled at the last second after you’ve spent countless hours of OT working on it since conception- from original idea, to design, to graphics. Today sucks.”

Any guesses as to what that project was?

Not sure how to embed a tweet or attach a photo, but I saw an interesting tweet from a member of the HHN Art department today that stated..

“Nothing is more soul crushing than having a project pulled at the last second after you’ve spent countless hours of OT working on it since conception- from original idea, to design, to graphics. Today sucks.”

Any guesses as to what that project was?

It COULD be that second show...or it could be something completely unrelated to HHN.

Wonder if it was a proposed Harry Potter thing? Not sure if JKR still has final say on anything they do, but it's possible she approved an idea but wanted to see a finished product before signing off, and then didn't like how it turned out.

Gotta be a second show. Why would they scrap and tear down a maze they already built? Gotta be a show.
They are doing "Dark Arts" (without drones) on Sundays. Perhaps that was in reference to the Death Eaters show/procession. I heard pyro was being tested for it.

To keep this thread going, I wanna ask a question. Based on all the rumored IPs that never made it to 2019, which rumored IPs (Regardless if it was never going to happen or not) that never came do you wish came to 2019? For me it would be Hellraiser, The Thing, and The Twilight Zone.

Absolutely agree with The Thing. I love the atmosphere of the Twilight Zone - Tower of Terror is my favorite ride based on atmosphere alone - but I don’t feel like it lends itself well to a haunted house. A scarezone could work if they did it right.

To keep this thread going, I wanna ask a question. Based on all the rumored IPs that never made it to 2019, which rumored IPs (Regardless if it was never going to happen or not) that never came do you wish came to 2019? For me it would be Hellraiser, The Thing, and The Twilight Zone.

Easily Suspiria. Still crushed it never happened

The Thing is and will forever be in my top 2 dream ips for the event alongside Twin Peaks, the year I see either of them will instantly become my top year in the events history.