Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what it sounds like Coven probably isn’t showing up either way, and yeah they’re actually gonna try to make it a fan year they need to do Asylum; especially since Orlando’s section got a lot of consistent praise

Yeah, I don't expect Coven this year honestly. I don't mind waiting for that maze to come next year or later, in the future. Plus it would give Universal an excuse to reuse their Clown props from past clown-themed scare zones, the 2016 Terror Tram and Clowns 3D.

Reactions: horrornights789
Yeah, I don't expect Coven this year honestly. I don't mind waiting for that maze to come next year or later, in the future. Plus it would give Universal an excuse to reuse their Clown props from past clown-themed scare zones, the 2016 Terror Tram and Clowns 3D.

I feel like a Cult Gauntlet would work really well, as a lot of the one off kills could be represented

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I feel like a Cult Gauntlet would work really well, as a lot of the one off kills could be represented

It would just work better as a gauntlet-scare zone. Because when trying to put it in a maze framework, you are basically going in and out of random houses, and if they decide to use the bee-theme from the commercials, that can get very disorganized if not done properly and furthermore confuse guests who don't watch the show. At least with the previous two mazes it was simple with environments. 2016: You're in a haunted mansion, go through the woods to a freak show, and you finish in a haunted hotel. 2017: you're in haunted woods, going in a cursed manor, going to a cannibal farm. Those mazes used environments that anyone could follow. And Asylum could for sure fit the mold.

It would just work better as a gauntlet-scare zone. Because when trying to put it in a maze framework, you are basically going in and out of random houses, and if they decide to use the bee-theme from the commercials, that can get very disorganized if not done properly and furthermore confuse guests who don't watch the show. At least with the previous two mazes it was simple with environments. 2016: You're in a haunted mansion, go through the woods to a freak show, and you finish in a haunted hotel. 2017: you're in haunted woods, going in a cursed manor, going to a cannibal farm. Those mazes used environments that anyone could follow. And Asylum could for sure fit the mold.

Cult is a weird season since it could honestly be anything. In a maze it has plenty of scenes to go off of, most of which are the one off kills. If Cult was a Gauntlet they could easily rebuild the basement outdoors and maybe have a mini maze inside of the Gauntlet

Including the gauntlet, which could potentially be the IP one, do you think it's safe to assume there's gonna be only 3 scare zones this year?

Including the gauntlet, which could potentially be the IP one, do you think it's safe to assume there's gonna be only 3 scare zones this year?

Maybe 4; assuming we get French Street back the locations would be

- Backlot Gauntlet
- Tunnel
- French Street
- Opening Zone

They could honestly do 5 if they really wanted to

Maybe 4; assuming we get French Street back the locations would be

- Backlot Gauntlet
- Tunnel
- French Street
- Opening Zone

They could honestly do 5 if they really wanted to

Assuming that speculative rumor that if we lose the Terror Tram this year, it could give us another area for a potential scare zone, near the 1-2 mazes being added.

Assuming that speculative rumor that if we lose the Terror Tram this year, it could give us another area for a potential scare zone, near the 1-2 mazes being added.

Yeah; I’m wondering about the chances of an original maze since we only have 6(without WD) mazes speculated, which leaves one left

Yeah; I’m wondering about the chances of an original maze since we only have 6(without WD) mazes speculated, which leaves one left

Knowing how the creative team likes to throw curveballs, I would definitely not be surprised if they try to do the ambitious thing and do a brand new IP that's coming out this year. Sure Halloween, if it comes, is gonna be based on the new film, but I mean like a never before done one. Something we weren't expecting from a horror movie this year, just to dip their toes in the water to take a risk.

Knowing how the creative team likes to throw curveballs, I would definitely not be surprised if they try to do the ambitious thing and do a brand new IP that's coming out this year. Sure Halloween, if it comes, is gonna be based on the new film, but I mean like a never before done one. Something we weren't expecting from a horror movie this year, just to dip their toes in the water to take a risk.

I think that, hypothetically if it does well, The Strangers could be a possibility. Another property that is definitely a pipe dream but what if they did a solo The Nun or Annabelle maze? It’s correlated with Conjuring but it’s not apart of the main films and are somewhat independent franchises. Another maze that could come (hopefully not) is either BoH 2 or Predator

Just gonna come out and say that with Castle Rock, a Stephen King mash-up house has become a bit more possible.

EDIT:

So uhh, any of you guys see Ifrit's tweet over at Orlando?

Just gonna come out and say that with Castle Rock, a Stephen King mash-up house has become a bit more possible.

I mean maybe... heard he wasn’t pleased at all with The Shining coming last year. Also, does he have any ownership in the rights to IT 2017? If so could that cause it to not show up

I think that, hypothetically if it does well, The Strangers could be a possibility. Another property that is definitely a pipe dream but what if they did a solo The Nun or Annabelle maze? It’s correlated with Conjuring but it’s not apart of the main films and are somewhat independent franchises. Another maze that could come (hopefully not) is either BoH 2 or Predator

I was hoping that could be a possibility! Even if The Conjuring 1 and 2 are both a no-go, I was wondering if the 3 spin-offs had a chance to be at the event, since they've tried to establish themselves away from the Warrens.

I was hoping that could be a possibility! Even if The Conjuring 1 and 2 are both a no-go, I was wondering if the 3 spin-offs had a chance to be at the event, since they've tried to establish themselves away from the Warrens.

Yeah it seems like they might be able to get The Nun since it isn’t an actual Warren case... assuming The Warrens are the reason we haven’t gotten Conjuring uet

Yeah it seems like they might be able to get The Nun since it isn’t an actual Warren case... assuming The Warrens are the reason we haven’t gotten Conjuring uet

I just really hope it's not the rumor about Warner Bros apparently trying to compete in the haunt industry and now preventing other's from using their IPs. Otherwise we can say good-bye to IT and Trick 'r Treat.

I just really hope it's not the rumor about Warner Bros apparently trying to compete in the haunt industry and now preventing other's from using their IPs. Otherwise we can say good-bye to IT and Trick 'r Treat.

I don’t think it is true about that part since IT is all but confirmed for this year. If it is true though then that’s a smart move for them-bad move for us since it seriously limits the amount of relevant properties HHN could use.

I don’t think it is true about that part since IT is all but confirmed for this year. If it is true though then that’s a smart move for them-bad move for us since it seriously limits the amount of relevant properties HHN could use.

Unless King decides to screw that up. I'm not sure how involved he is with the 2017 version, but I know we lucked out with The Shining because of his leaving the rights because of Kubrick's artistic visions clashing with the book material.

King still owns the rights to IT he just licensed it to WB and they have control over what they can (or can't) use them for, for a set period of time. The Shining they were able to work around because Kubrick's version is different enough from the book that they were fine.

As for IT all but being confirmed I have always taken those rumors with a grain of salt because I believe The Conjuring was pulled because WB said they wanted to do it themselves and if they really do want to make a name in the haunt game 2 competing IT mazes isn't going to do it.

Trick 'r Treat is still a possibility because it isn't going to bring out the casual fans like It would.

King still owns the rights to IT he just licensed it to WB and they have control over what they can (or can't) use them for, for a set period of time. The Shining they were able to work around because Kubrick's version is different enough from the book that they were fine.

Maybe Uni didn't ask WB for the rights... hint hint nudge nudge