Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 55 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wait... I could be totally wrong but could this mean the return of Hollywood Harry? It’s still in the clown world but different enough to be it’s own thing

So are we getting IT, but a new version of Pennywise a la Orlando’s Frankenstein in 2009(they did the property with a new version of the character)?

Reactions: ush.hacker
Hooo boy. Gone for a couple hours and bombshells hit.
With IT, it is possible but HHN's Pennywise would have to be different enough to withstand any legal challenge.
....huh? Still don’t know how this would work. Are they going to “originalize” It and get by WB? Can they do that without screwing over their chances of Conjuring ever happening?
Being upfront, I'll be shocked if Hollywood Harry returns.
I don’t understand the hype with Hollywood Harry. Yeah, I want a proper icon just as much as the guy next to me, but Harry straight up sucks as an “icon”. There’s nothing interesting about his backstory that would lead to a unique house.

The difference him and Jack is that Jack is a cool character who has an awesome backstory that involved an interesting setting: an abandoned carnival. Though a bit trite for today’s haunt standards, Jack’s backstory, setting, and “undead” condition for his character lead to some pretty interesting houses.

Then there’s Hollywood Harry: a Last-minute character that was thrown in there to give the Terror Tram something to work with in ‘16. He’s a crazy old hobo that roams the Backlot. Tell me how that would make for a captivating house. It would be cool to see him as a traditional character like Terror Ape or Log Bunny randomly roaming the event as an inside joke. That’s about as much potential that character has.

The bottom line: while an icon would be GREAT, it’s not an end-all-be-all to make it the best year ever. HHN 2016 and Orlando’s HHN last year has shown me that you don’t need an icon to make the event great. Just make the content solid and that’s really all I care about. Heck, I enjoyed HHN 27 (a year without an icon) more than 25 (a year with one). Both were great years.
The Classic Ghostface Mask Returns in Season 3 of MTV's "Scream"! - Bloody Disgusting If I remember correctly, the mask is what kept HHN Orlando from doing Scream, as they wanted to use the classic Ghostface mask whereas Dimension and MTV wanted them to use the redesigned version.. well, now MTV's Scream finally has the rights to the classic GF mask..
I’d love Scream, but I don’t see it happening. You know Dimention is gonna pull some last minute BS.