Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 56 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
....huh? Still don’t know how this would work. Are they going to “originalize” It and get by WB? Can they do that without screwing over their chances of Conjuring ever happening?

Short answer is NO. Which is why I am taking all the IT rumors with a grain of salt. Could WB license the rights to Uni, sure, but if they are doing there own halloween event this year I'm not holding my breath.

Who ever said anything about originalizing IT?

Short answer is NO. Which is why I am taking all the IT rumors with a grain of salt. Could WB license the rights to Uni, sure, but if they are doing there own halloween event this year I'm not holding my breath.

Even if you did hold your breath in these circumstances, you more than likely wouldn't faint :saywhat:

I don't know why anyone would expect Scream to show up this year when the rights are currently in flux. Next year is always possible.

IIRC Murdy didn’t even wanna do Scream in 2011, and ended up hate working with Dimension. Plus, after the HHN25 incident I’d give it a good few years before they try Scream again

ush.hacker has come closest. The Thing is you gotta figure out how he did..
mutlu-yıllar-gif-1.gif

Reactions: ush.hacker
ush.hacker has come closest. The Thing is you gotta figure out how he did..
Hmm... The capitalization of "The Thing" seems a bit on the nose. Though Universal having not asked WB for the rights, that could mean its just straight up not coming, or WB was completely on board and just gave them, we could just be doing the 90s one but that doesn't really seem that likely to me, though then again I've never been good at solving these kinds of things. (Also if "shhhhhh" was a hint in some way it went over my head.)

Reactions: horrornights789
Hmm... The capitalization of "The Thing" seems a bit on the nose. Though Universal having not asked WB for the rights, that could mean its just straight up not coming, or WB was completely on board and just gave them, we could just be doing the 90s one but that doesn't really seem that likely to me, though then again I've never been good at solving these kinds of things. (Also if "shhhhhh" was a hint in some way it went over my head.)

I feel like Warner Bros probably gave the rights since Ifrit already confirmed we will be seeing IT in one form or another; and given Murdy’s tweets about having to do 2017 version since it’s the most relevant(and the fact a maze based on the book wouldn’t happen due to King) it seems like WB had to have given the rights

Ok I see I missed a part of what Chris was saying when he said "Who says they asked WB for the rights" it is possible that the rights to IT were addressed at an earlier time, maybe as compensation (or switch) for pulling The Conjuring?

USH wants to do a complete maze so they piggy back the ending of the 1990 mini series with the 2017 first part and bam a complete IT maze that doesn't spoil WB's future movie.

I'm still not putting money on IT but people with way more insight then I (I have none) keep hinting that IT is coming.

Reactions: horrornights789