Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion | Page 270 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 (USH) General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just checked the app and it says the Harry Potter attractions will re-open at 7:00pm, the official starting time of Horror Nights. EDIT: could’ve been an error on their part.

Last edited:
Just checked the app and it says the Harry Potter attractions will re-open at 7:00pm, the official starting time of Horror Nights. EDIT: could’ve been an error on their part.

I would've loved to see that..but sadly,

upload_2018-10-13_18-43-21.png

that's not the case for Potter. Glad to see all of the Metro mazes open, hopefully that's a sign that the damage from flooding wasn't as bad as I feared.

Reactions: Rideguy70
So any reports of things not working tonight than?

Monsters sound was a mess - ended up opening 30 minutes late, but otherwise was fine. They did a great job making sure spots were cleaned/safe/show-ready throughout the event, IMO.

And yes, apparently all of Metro attempted a reopen around midnight only to go 101 minutes later. Most actors were sent home around this second closing.

So any reports of things not working tonight than?
I was there last night for the RIP Tour - all mazes were up and running and I didn't notice any damage. The only thing was the smell... those carpets were obviously still quite damp and some parts of the mazes absolutely stank! But that seemed to be the worst of it (to me anyway!)

I'd hate to be the workers at Universal on Friday, imagine how many angry people they had to deal with (although, they did have a right to be angry). My review for hhn 2018 will come soon.

I was at the haunted hayride on Friday, and the thunderstorm triggered a power outage, but the attractions remained open.

Haunted Hayride 2018 review - Overall a good year, not as good as last year, but still fun. They got rid of the opening ceremony in favor of a new set piece. This year felt like they took money from the hayride and put it into the other attractions. I still had an awesome time, and I would recommend going.

Hayride- There was no theme this year, which was mildly disappointing. Very random scenes, that didn't relate to each other at all. The set pieces felt a lot cheaper and less original. There was less shock factor. I never got scared. The set pieces were still fun to look at, and the best ones were the battle of the bands, the temple, and the goat room. You can tell the actors work really hard. They also got rid of the walking part, which was my favorite part from last year. They also got rid of the falling bodies, and the tarp, which were two new things from last year that I thought they would keep. It also felt a lot shorter. Still a fun experience, but doesn't come close to the greatness of last year. 5/10

Trick or Treat - This was a lot better this year than last year, and it occasionally had some scary parts. This is one of those things that's as fun as you make it. Had some cool sets, and felt a lot longer than last year. It was a cool experience knocking on the door, and not knowing who would come out. The best houses were the dog house and the house you walked through. 7/10

House of Shadows - About a ten times better than last year. They just changed a couple of things and it made a huge difference. The first time I was happy with black walls ;). This year in they had different costumes, which was fun. Last year all the costumes were the same. This led to a more suspenseful experience. They also had more actors toward the end, which led to a very cool ending. Also, every little bit they had a themed room (school, hospital, playground, etc.) These rooms were fun and genuinely creepy. The opening video with the zombie is still very random. The strobe lights are still annoying as hell. 7/10

Purgatory - This shouldn't be considered an attraction. It is just a scare zone with some decorations and a few actors. The actors were cool, but there were only around 5, so it was hard to be scared by the same actors again and again. They tried their best to be scary, but it didn't work. There were some really cool set pieces, including three giant pumpkin things, some corn, and broken cars. They also had a short tunnel filled with fog with a monster inside. This was my favorite part, but I would still rather have the opening ceremony. The games and the physic were overpriced and didn't look very fun. The show was very funny. 4/10.

Well, considering this isn't the first time it's happened, I hope they figure out a way to make this event more rain durable. I can't imagine how much money they lost last night from refunds.
On another note, I'll be heading to Knotts tonight. I have the time, money, and boredom, and figured why not. Goldstar has tix for $34 + 7 convenience fee, which is cheaper than how dirt cheap it already is for the value.

^Yeah, but it was the last Friday night of the FFP that was available for me. I know there's more in November, but unfortunately I'm going to be out of town, so I can't do any of the November dates at all. All remaining dates (again, aside from November) are Thursdays or Sundays. Was really counting on that last Friday to get some late night fun at the event without light bleed.

^Yeah, but it was the last Friday night of the FFP that was available for me. I know there's more in November, but unfortunately I'm going to be out of town, so I can't do any of the November dates at all. All remaining dates (again, aside from November) are Thursdays or Sundays. Was really counting on that last Friday to get some late night fun at the event without light bleed.

Fair enough.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I knew something was very off with that spot that didn't seem right. And that does sound great, would've made me enjoy the maze more. I wonder why it was cut. Doesn't sound that expensive to do.

I knew something was very off with that spot that didn't seem right. And that does sound great, would've made me enjoy the maze more. I wonder why it was cut. Doesn't sound that expensive to do.

It was the switchback, I think. Why would they try to lengthen a black hallway?

Probably, people would turn left in the hallway and walk towards the glowing door, then exit the switchback into a hallway with the disappearing wall, and coffin corpses where the faceless-guy-on-a-platform is right now. I'm assuming that the big expensive thing was set dressing, like dirt walls for the buried coffins or the coffins themselves, lights (haunt lights cost a lot), or just costumes. Just spitballing here, but it makes sense to me.

EDIT: presumably the black-box marty was another corpse (like a coffin that had crashed through the floor, with an "inanimate" corpse inside) Or maybe the black box marty was always supposed to be there, who knows.