Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd expect at least one movie house per year for a while. Universal's discovered that it's actually a pretty good way to drum up interest in movies that only generate a mild amount by themselves. It's not totally a bad thing -- usually it turns out pretty well. With the exception of the exceptionally annoying Doomsday, all have had quite a bit of effort poured into them. Dead Silence and The Wolfman were both absolutely beautifully themed houses. The Thing was, in my opinion, one of the best houses to come out since I started going in '05.

As long as Universal is producing original content with the majority of the houses, I see no reason to be troubled by a movie house or two getting thrown into the mix.

Reactions: dmkrc5
What interested me more was the fact that it looks like we aren't getting a scarezone in the Mels area, and at the same time might be getting a brand new show. Arrival show anyone?

I would really love to see an Arrival show, I thought they were going to do that with Fear last year, but he kinda just stood there. It was cool don't get me wrong, but I wanted more show. I have only been to one HHN where they had an arrival show and that was Sweet 16 which was awesome after that 18, 19 and 20 didn't and I was sad :(

The midnight hour does not deter me, I always count on Floyd and Nurmi.

Ok is this a UOC person leaving clues or something?

Maila Nurmi is the original Vampira, the same Vampira in the Ed Wood movie. Floyd could be a reference to Count Floyd, another TV based character.

Are we getting a campy 1960's horror house? Maybe the house with characters that sound like Creatures, is another version but more campy and in the past, like a combination of Creatures and LITC. Maybe we are gettnig LITC: Fresh Meat :lol:

Last edited:
The midnight hour does not deter me, I always count on Floyd and Nurmi.

Ok is this a UOC person leaving clues or something?

Maila Nurmi is the original Vampira, the same Vampira in the Ed Wood movie. Floyd could be a reference to Count Floyd, another TV based character.

Are we getting a campy 1960's horror house? Maybe the house with characters that sound like Creatures, is another version but more campy and in the past, like a combination of Creatures and LITC. Maybe we are gettnig LITC: Fresh Meat :lol:

Thats what I was thinking to. However, not a LITC. More like a new / return of Vampyr (staying on the theme of Vampires).

Last edited:
Sooooooo, I can't say anything more than this but I think you guys are going to like the scare zones this year. :)

Most of the time we like them anyways, but I'm looking forward to find out more about the Rainbow Connection scarezone in NYC this year :thumbs:

Some reason the scare zones never scare me... :O Cause you can always see the actors or maybe i just grew up? Cause before i use to be scared :eek:

I feel the same way, the first year I went (16) everything scared me, and the next year I went (17) I was expecting to get really scared and nothing scared me at all.

The scarezones definitely don't scare me as much as I first went (also 16), but I love them if they're executed properly. Years like 17 and 19 had such awful scare zones, with 17 not really having any real scare zones.

I would prefer the SZs to be themed to icon/theme of the year through out the park as one big one.

I agree. Just like in HHN 15, have the whole park be a big scarezone with areas that feature different things that all still tie to the main theme.

And not be as lame as Apocalypse! City of Cannibals < The worst scarezone EVER!!!