Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wash your mouth! I really resented HHNs intrusion into IOA. Gouls and sickles and skeletons in Port of Entry turned me puce.

Well, SS44 and Amity are no longer options. Presumably, the MiB/Simpsons plot will someday be developed. FFL's days are numbered. HHN as people know it will have to change. Of course, maybe JKR will change her stance on allowing HHN in WWoHP someday.

Of course, maybe JKR will change her stance on allowing HHN in WWoHP someday.

Since I'm pretty sure you've read the contract :smiley: ...is that official? Always seemed odd to me in that Halloween is celebrated at Hogwarts in the books. I understand the Widow Seuss' objections, but a land featuring Dementors and giant spiders seems halfway to Halloween already.

Since I'm pretty sure you've read the contract :smiley: ...is that official? Always seemed odd to me in that Halloween is celebrated at Hogwarts in the books. I understand the Widow Seuss' objections, but a land featuring Dementors and giant spiders seems halfway to Halloween already.

I've read the contract ;) and it is not mentioned per se. But of course, there is a provision that WB/JKR gets a cut of the dough if it is included in special events. I cannot remember if special events need extra approval. But I seem to remember something about that.

I put it in the refurbishment and closure thread but thought I would add it in here as well.

Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: No shows on 9/6 - 9/8, 9/19, 9/21 - 9/22, 9/27 - 9/30, 10/4 - 10/7, 10/11 - 10/14, 10/17 - 10/21, 10/24 - 10/28, 10/31, 11/15, 12/5

While thats great they found there replacement. Its going to be one heck of a lopsided event.

While thats great they found there replacement. Its going to be one heck of a lopsided event.

There's really no way to get around it, really.

And I think the front of the park will be light on scarezones...so the back might get all the detail there.

Still dreaming about the scarezone they can put in the Amity area.:stunned:

We can only hope that they'll find a way to create some level of balance. Putting expansive scarezones in the World Expo and San Francisco areas could help out a bit. Aside from that, I don't see what else can be done, since it's definitely too late to add any temporary structures for houses. I guess we'll find out as construction ramps up.

Another thing that I found interesting: at this point in the process, house construction is pretty well underway, as we've seen in the Disaster queue. Do you guys think that construction had already started in Soundstage 44? If so, I would imagine that someone is highly pissed about the wasted effort...

How great would it be if Suess Landing happened to have a zombie apocalypse :sneaky:

kid's dream gone all wrong!

Bunch 'a' who's runnin around bloodied up, the Grinch as their leader.

If only right? :happy:

Another thing that I found interesting: at this point in the process, house construction is pretty well underway, as we've seen in the Disaster queue. Do you guys think that construction had already started in Soundstage 44? If so, I would imagine that someone is highly pissed about the wasted effort...

According to most sources, they were working already.

Oh yeah I agree there is no way around it as far as I can see. It will be interesting to see how the house entrances work as well. If they put the entrance in-between the Mummy and Louie's it might work out well.

- - - Updated - - -

According to most sources, they were working already.

Yup

I thought that would be the case. Hopefully they hadn't gotten past framing the house out, but either way, they're back to square one. Here's to hoping that Universal's rather dynamic construction schedule doesn't lead to less-than-stellar HHN 22.

People were panicked over the weekend, but a lot of the insiders on sites like Horror Nights Nightmares have come out and said they're excited. If nothing else, it's apparently going to be a very new feeling event.