Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I read about it on Nightmares too. Everyone seems stumped. I know they might be able to move it to a new venue but this really isn't good for HHN. If we're down to 6 or 7 houses that's really going to affect wait times. One house lost and the wait times might not be too bad, but 2 locations lost and you'll notice a difference. Needless to say, this would also be the first time in almost a decade that they were down to 6 houses, if that happens.

Wasn't that location the one with the creature pit? Could we perhaps be seeing a real pit being dug into the ground? I mean if the building is coming down regardless they could tear it up however they wanted...could also always use Carnage Warehouse in Marvel..although that would be quite the walk..I also remember a chainlink maze being set up where Field of Screams was for HHN 15, it was called Rat Race or something like that..wouldn't mind seeing run make a comeback

Something tells me HHN this year is. def. going to be different. Seems like a lot of last minute changes will be made.

Something tells me HHN this year is. def. going to be different. Seems like a lot of last minute changes will be made.

Initially I was very scared by all of this, but I just came to the realization I'm really excited by it. The HHN team has this very consistent year to year formula. They haven't changed this formula since 2008 when they realized it worked. The issue is the events changed a lot since 2008, so for the first time in almost 4 years they're really going to have to figure out new ways to make things work. It'll be a true transition year, like 2006 was, but completely unlike 2010 (which felt nothing like a transition), there for sure will be things that just don't work this year, but there will be new things that are phenomenal.

It took 2 years to really figure out how to make things work after they moved the event to USF, but the best 2 years have felt like way to much of the same. It might take a year or two to really get another grand event down but I have realized something. People remember the true transition years. 2000 (first icon), 2002 (first Island's year), 2004 (both parks used), 2005 (first all encompassing story line), 2006 (first time at Universal Studios in 4 years), 2008 (first all around grand event all fronts). People remember the transitions and even though things might end up as mixed bag this year it'll make next year even better.

I'm sure there's an empty soundstage they can use.

Assuming there is, that still results in an unbalanced park. Four or five (I still think they do a dual run) houses and Rockit all along a single street right by the entrance. Just three houses and B&T to draw people back through the park. I don't see that working well.

I'd lose a house for a new attraction personally...Last year was the first time I finished every house, and that was a slow night...to me less is more and 7 houses equals more quality ,maybe not this year because budgets and floor plans are done but next year for sure...I love the 100 years of horror idea, I still like the evil twins idea as well...

I think we are all on the same page we have no idea what is going on with HHN this year but one things for sure time will tell.

I'm sure they will move the SS44 house into an empty SS and all will be well, and one of them will be the return of the Museum of Horrors which had a dual path layout back in the day.

I'm sure they will move the SS44 house into an empty SS and all will be well, and one of them will be the return of the Museum of Horrors which had a dual path layout back in the day.
Just got a great idea with the Museum of Horrors and a 100 years of horror theme, maybe have one side the old black and whites and the other in color...could be a great double run house

The issue that somebody else brought up is then we have a lopsided event. Although, a lot of the park does tend to be focused on the front half of the park it's never been to this degree. Almost all the energy would be focused on that half of the park with almost a 1/3 of the park laying dormant.

Assuming there is, that still results in an unbalanced park. Four or five (I still think they do a dual run) houses and Rockit all along a single street right by the entrance. Just three houses and B&T to draw people back through the park. I don't see that working well.

Well, it's just the nature of what people will have to deal with for HHN's for now on until they add IoA.