Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay, new update from Legacy/HNN:

Vampires = Hollywood
Zombies = New York
Ghosts = Central Park
Dragons = San Fran
Prisoners = World Expo
Evil Trick'r'Treaters = KidZone
Female Chainsaw Drill Team = Roaming
Klownz = Roaming
Sting Alley = Rat Lady

SO a scarezone in each area? Me gusta again.

Okay, new update from Legacy/HNN:

Vampires = Hollywood
Zombies = New York
Ghosts = Central Park
Dragons = San Fran
Prisoners = World Expo
Evil Trick'r'Treaters = KidZone
Female Chainsaw Drill Team = Roaming
Klownz = Roaming
Sting Alley = Rat Lady

Oh please be similar to Hollywood with the effed up ringmaster insulting people as they come across him.

They could always move it after the park closes. I remember during 2002 in IOA, they would move the sets into place in an hour.

Yup did it using forklifts and teams of people after the area was cleared.

yeah, its looking like a "Supernatural War" (but it could also be a supernatural teaming up (but that seems less likely)) with LT involved in some respect...likely in the ARGy way as before with us being "members".

the victorian house has been described by Doc Jimmy as "something Legendary" so I think that means LT2.

Klownz is supposed to be like Hollywood's from what I understand, maybe not exact replica...but there was a photo of a klown w/ Chainsaw posted to HNN.

It also sounds like the non-roaming hordes will roam. Doc said in a video something like "running to follow your favorite zone", and (could have been making a joke) when he acknowledged that San Fran Dragons and Central Park Ghosts (etc.) sounded like Sports teams...sports teams travel.

here is some pure speculation of my own
the Lagoon show and the unannounced show @ Beatlejuice could relate to the "theme" like how we had the Carnival of Carnage show.

also this all sounds really chaotic...like end of the world sort of thing maybe...possible theme? I have no idea
honestly when I think that I just think of Discord from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

yeah, its looking like a "Supernatural War" (but it could also be a supernatural teaming up (but that seems less likely)) with LT involved in some respect...likely in the ARGy way as before with us being "members".

the victorian house has been described by Doc Jimmy as "something Legendary" so I think that means LT2.

Klownz is supposed to be like Hollywood's from what I understand, maybe not exact replica...but there was a photo of a klown w/ Chainsaw posted to HNN.

It also sounds like the non-roaming hordes will roam. Doc said in a video something like "running to follow your favorite zone", and (could have been making a joke) when he acknowledged that San Fran Dragons and Central Park Ghosts (etc.) sounded like Sports teams...sports teams travel.

here is some pure speculation of my own
the Lagoon show and the unannounced show @ Beatlejuice could relate to the "theme" like how we had the Carnival of Carnage show.

also this all sounds really chaotic...like end of the world sort of thing maybe...possible theme? I have no idea
honestly when I think that I just think of Discord from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
i can not even begin to explain how amazing this all sounds..post apocalyptic war between all the forces of evil..sounds like complete chaos..a new beginning to the world of horror and events..CANT WAIT

I don't think they would have two key areas, in terms of scarezones, without any props. I'm pretty sure they'll be moving props out onto the streets once the park closes. They've done it in years past and to me, prop-less scarezones dont make much sense. Not to say that they aren't as scary as scarezones with props, just.. more like a waste of space.

Either way, we should know soon. For a frame of reference, last year's street construction began on 8/16 which was the earliest ever. The year before that was 8/27. :thumbs:

I don't think they would have two key areas, in terms of scarezones, without any props. I'm pretty sure they'll be moving props out onto the streets once the park closes. They've done it in years past and to me, prop-less scarezones dont make much sense. Not to say that they aren't as scary as scarezones with props, just.. more like a waste of space.

There were propless scarezones for the first decade+ of the event. 2 zones without props won't kill the event.

This is the first year I've been more excited for the zones then the houses. To deal with the lack of places for stationary props could they do more mobile props. With the war theme, have the armies have objects that they move onto the other armies territories. Possibly changing places so you never know what will be where and it will make the event feel alive.

I'm more excited for this year than i've been for any others...i'm sure part of that is because I am likely going multiple nights for the first time (RoF)

but all the houses sound good.
Penn & Teller should be hilarious
Walking Dead will be the first IP that I've been exposed to before HHN (i'm fairly new to HHN)
Silent Hill sounds terrifying
Alice got great reviews in hollywood
A classic monster with DE (strobe) type effects should be great, Classics are great and from what i've heard DE was intense.
Gothic/Gargoyles should have strong potential...makes me think of a more intense Winters Night (maybe an inaccurate assessment)
Victorian/Haunted Mansion sounds to me like Legendary Truth 2, could have some creepy atmosphere and some amazing effects.

as far as Zones go they all sound strong. Of course we only really know a 1 word description for each...but they all sound good...simple, but I'm sure they'll work.
Skoolhouse is my favorite all-time scarezone, this year we get trick-or-treaters. Also we get Dragons, if anyone complains about that I'd be amazed.

AND there seems to be something that will tie all this craziness together! could be a war between the scarezones? scarezones could be mobile!

This year there doesn't seem to be a questionable house or scarezone AND we get shows!

This year is going to be good, and I've been going to Horror Nights for a decent amount of years. They're breaking formulas and I love that.

They are definitely breaking formulas. I think it is going to split people right down the middle. There will definitely be a love it/hate it feel to this year's HHN.

They are definitely breaking formulas. I think it is going to split people right down the middle. There will definitely be a love it/hate it feel to this year's HHN.

I really don't see how anyone would fall on the "hate" side of things. Things are different...but looks to be a more fulfilling event (despite being only 7 houses, most attendees probably still wont go in every house).

I really don't see how anyone would fall on the "hate" side of things. Things are different...but looks to be a more fulfilling event (despite being only 7 houses, most attendees probably still wont go in every house).

Lack of a true icon, more IP's, homogenizing of product between USH and USF, etc.

This is a new version of HHN and it is going to be polarizing. When you've done something one way for 21 years and change it as much as they're doing, it will make quite a few people unhappy. That doesn't mean the product won't be good.

Reactions: Clive