Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal isn't known for its kid-focused atmosphere. They are however famous for throwing an award-winning Halloween event each year. The Universal target demographic is teenagers and up.

I fear of what would happen at a Universal kid's party. Either it goes horribly wrong or it ends up being creepy in a bad way/sad. A small kids themed Halloween event like Not So Scary confined to mostly Seuss would be like the birthday party that your parents threw you with that creepy clown.

This is not an area Universal needs to explore. As you said, every other Central Florida park has it covered. Let Universal stick to doing what they do best; clearly they have the crowds they want from it.

You make some very good points. And customer service would be slammed with guests claiming they "accidentally" went into HHN with their kids, stayed long enough to see all the houses and Bill & Ted, and now DEMAND their money back because little Johnny peed himself in fright.

That said, let the Grinch "take over" Seuss Landing (maybe with Thing 1 and 2, they creeped me out as a kid), have the Super Villains* out in force in Marvel Island, some special kind of non-horror, non-alcohol** theming in WWoHP, throw in some candy stations, I think the event could work. And I do think Potter gives them an edge over similar events--the only thing that could separate them from the pack, really.

As for someone else's point about Marvel, I think they could definitely use it as "generic NY street" for a HHN event--and the house in that area already felt separate from the Island. Just no more dead Spider-man. And my guess is they could use it "as is" for a more kid-friendly event, with the super villains they already have rights to.

* Did they keep the costumes from Maximum Carnage? Carnage himself might be off-limits for a kids event, but maybe Shriek? Can't remember who else was in there.

** Maybe 3 or 4 years ago the shot girls disappeared overnight, didn't return until the following year. Rumor alleged it was because a VIP had been offended by scantily-clad women pushing alcohol--and that said VIP was JK Rowling. Never been confirmed, but I wonder if it was that aspect of HHN the WB execs were referring to, not an opposition to Halloween in general.

To all this Marvel can't be used because they stepped on toes; you do realize that they were still able to use the streets for 3 additional years before moving back to USF without a fuss?

** Maybe 3 or 4 years ago the shot girls disappeared overnight, didn't return until the following year. Rumor alleged it was because a VIP had been offended by scantily-clad women pushing alcohol--and that said VIP was JK Rowling. Never been confirmed, but I wonder if it was that aspect of HHN the WB execs were referring to, not an opposition to Halloween in general.

This is true...although I heard that the reason alcohol sale was suspended wasn't because of a pushy salesman but because the first thing JK Rowling and the WB execs saw upon entering HHN was someone vomiting. Apparently, Mark Davis was horrified and in a somewhat knee-jerk reaction, suspended alcohol sales from HHN. After a few nights, everyone realized how ridiculous that was and how much it hurt the event. At leas the VIP meeting wasn't ruined!

To all this Marvel can't be used because they stepped on toes; you do realize that they were still able to use the streets for 3 additional years before moving back to USF without a fuss?

Not to mention a warehouse that was built to hold a haunted house in the land back then... What is in there right now anyway?

Thanks guys. I have just booked for the 20 Sept and will be at Universal the week later so I should definately be there for either the 1st week or the 2nd week :)

Good deal!

Welcome to Woodbury! Or is it welcome to Raccoon City? :lol:

I can see where you guys are going on not wanting it to come back, but they should use the video game now considering it has a completely different storyline.

I can see where you guys are going on not wanting it to come back, but they should use the video game now considering it has a completely different storyline.

Eh, still doesn't intrigue me. It would still end up being a zombie house based on the same comic book series. Either way, I don't see them going with the game. It wouldn't be as much of a strong advertiser as the show/franchise is in general.