Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apparently after the weekend that you and I went, Murdy had them turn down the smell significantly and the house was much improved for it.

Last edited:
That's right we did go the same weekend, I remember that :lol:

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. :lol:

Is there any chance of them having both parks again or just IOA or just a few sections (i.e. MSHI)? I love USF but with HHN I feel like there is not enough to do when the crowds are EVERYWHERE.

As much as I don't want to see another zombie house, it's pretty much inevitable with the success of this years Walking Dead.

And like discussed before, I still want better queues.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of them having both parks again or just IOA or just a few sections (i.e. MSHI)? I love USF but with HHN I feel like there is not enough to do when the crowds are EVERYWHERE.

Transformers and Springfield should help lighten the load, as well as new potter for the following year. It just fits easier in USF from a theming and familiarity standpoint. IOA has too many unknowns (WWHOP off-limits and the heavily themed lands interfering with the scarezones/houses).

I think the thing I'm most intrigued about is if they do add an 8th house or beyond, where else can they use? Another tent or soundstage? Possibly put 2 inside the Parade building?

What about the soundstages? I'm not too familiar with how many they have versus how many are available to them for houses though. But if another one was to free up they could put it in there.

I'd think of it more of a Scarezone-type area. Decorations, music, maybe special walk around characters? And if we're really lucky a Simpsons Ride layover
I hope the lighting gets changed for this years event (maybe a different color?), but it was REALLY BRIGHT there after the games opened up. It used to be pretty dark in that area, which was much more fitting for a scarezone.

I was just surprised how crowded last year was. I went the second weekend and every previous year I was able to do everything in one night. This year it was difficult to try to do half the houses without waiting hours. The power of IP or the lack of scarezones/extra house, I do not know. I hope things get ironed out for this year.

At the same time, Food & Wine seemed to have record crowds as well. I don't doubt that TWD pulled in a lot of new guests--the lines for the house proved that--but I think a lot was also an uptick in the economy nobody in the theme park community anticipated. I suspect if HHN had pulled 2010 or 2011 attendance numbers, it wouldn't have been quite as crazy.

Slim to none.

All has to pass through Seuss Landing to cross parks and Theodore Geisel's (Dr Suess) widow has denied Universal rights to do anything in the land except play music backwards because it would interfere with the kid-aimed theming.

Marvel may still be a bit miffed over when Universal killed all the superheroes a few years back. There was quite a disagreement over "Super-Villain Island," but this is hardly a significant issue.

The WWoHP will never be HHN because of JK Rowling. She doesn't like the idea and the licensing prevents Universal from using it. There is always the WWoHP bypass bridge, but security still has to secure the archways.

In the end, its a LOT of additional money to operate both parks and would likely be a very incomplete picture of IoA. Its not worth the trouble to staff both.

The WWoHP will never be HHN because of JK Rowling. She doesn't like the idea and the licensing prevents Universal from using it.

I've read the Potter agreement. There's absolutely nothing in it that says Potter cannot be used for HHN. It's a fan rumor/myth.

The reason we haven't seen HHN return to the Islands since Potter, if I had to make a hypothesis, is because JK gets a take of every person that walks through IoA's gates. With HHN in USF, she doesn't get a take of the profits.