Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've read the Potter agreement. There's absolutely nothing in it that says Potter cannot be used for HHN. It's a fan rumor/myth.

The reason we haven't seen HHN return to the Islands since Potter, if I had to make a hypothesis, is because JK gets a take of every person that walks through IoA's gates. With HHN in USF, she doesn't get a take of the profits.

So when 2.0 open Universal really wont have much of a choice but to pay her then right?

would be interesting to see what royalties she gets per book, film, themepark. It was reported a few years ago that she was worth £560m, she denied it but I bet it's well up there.

Bingo Bango.

- - - Updated - - -

Speilberg does even better for doing less.

Bongo.

03x09-07-04.jpg

Last edited:
All has to pass through Seuss Landing to cross parks and Theodore Geisel's (Dr Suess) widow has denied Universal rights to do anything in the land except play music backwards because it would interfere with the kid-aimed theming.

Marvel may still be a bit miffed over when Universal killed all the superheroes a few years back. There was quite a disagreement over "Super-Villain Island," but this is hardly a significant issue.

The WWoHP will never be HHN because of JK Rowling. She doesn't like the idea and the licensing prevents Universal from using it. There is always the WWoHP bypass bridge, but security still has to secure the archways.

In the end, its a LOT of additional money to operate both parks and would likely be a very incomplete picture of IoA. Its not worth the trouble to staff both.

There have already been HHNs in IoA before, with Seuss and Marvel there, so that can't be used as a reasoning against it.

The whole discussion of whether they'll be able to have Harry Potter and HHNs together is over. Harry Potter is (will be) in both parks and HHN is going strong, so HP + HHN is a sure thing. Now, whether they'll have theming or scarezones in these sections of the park, that remains to be seen. I've heard that whatever happens within a WWoHP has to go under strict review, like even the Christmas decorations, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. And I've said it many times before, JK Rowling in not one to shy away from dark themes and controversial material, she's just protective of her work.

So I don't see any reason why HHN couldn't have a presence in IoA in the coming years :shrug:

There have already been HHNs in IoA before, with Seuss and Marvel there, so that can't be used as a reasoning against it.

I remember hearing as far back as 2007--long before Walking Dead crowds--that IoA simply didn't have the capacity for the event, especially with all of Seuss Landing shuttered. Universal is the bigger park, why I think it will always by necessity be a part of HHN.

I'd just add, having walked through an HHNized Seuss Landing two different years, it was kind of creepy and novel the first time but quickly became "bad show." Too much dead space, no pun intended. Literally nothing open. No scare zone, no rides, no bars, no snack carts.

I've heard that whatever happens within a WWoHP has to go under strict review, like even the Christmas decorations, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. And I've said it many times before, JK Rowling in not one to shy away from dark themes and controversial material, she's just protective of her work.

Agreed--everyone seems to forget Halloween is celebrated at Hogwarts, which is actually kind of odd, JKR wouldn't have "grown up" with the holiday. When I lived in London in the mid-90s Halloween was just starting to catch on with adults, although now I hear stories about Brits walking into the Spirit store and dropping a couple grand. So as JungleSkip said, no legal bar, and there doesn't appear to be any personal animosity toward the holiday on JKR's part. And I think her fans would eat it up with a spoon.

So I don't see any reason why HHN couldn't have a presence in IoA in the coming years :shrug:

If you have to use the Studios for capacity as well, the crossover becomes the main issue. It's a long-ass walk, requires security, extra ticket takers, maybe some scare actors... I think that would be the only real issue.

Well, there IS a train connecting the two parks coming...

But personally, I see a kid-friendly Halloween party in IoA on the horizon before I see HHN takiing it over again.

I've read the Potter agreement. There's absolutely nothing in it that says Potter cannot be used for HHN. It's a fan rumor/myth.

The reason we haven't seen HHN return to the Islands since Potter, if I had to make a hypothesis, is because JK gets a take of every person that walks through IoA's gates. With HHN in USF, she doesn't get a take of the profits.

The Warner Bros executives in the park I spoke to last May would have to disagree. I specifically asked about HHN and their comments (far from official statements of JK, I'll give you) were that JK was not a fan of HHN and that she didn't want it tarnishing the branding.

It is extremely unlikely that we will see anything Potter in HHN because of both lateral content and that possibility of hurting the image. I would be willing to bet that the gates stay closed to London during HHN and Hogsmede if it ever returns to IoA.

You might see them open Marvel for rides during HHN in the future, but I would still bet against any type of scarezone or house in Marvel. Personally I would love for IoA to get the HHN treatment again. Especially the lights off JPRA. Its just unlikely right now from what I hear.

But this is the same company that builds a house in a building one day and kicks 'em out another. Things can change on a dime. This is just the last I heard.

Sea World, Disney and heck even Legoland do a kid friendly Halloween party for the kidos so im surprised Universal hasnt jumped on that one yet.

Universal isn't known for its kid-focused atmosphere. They are however famous for throwing an award-winning Halloween event each year. The Universal target demographic is teenagers and up.

I fear of what would happen at a Universal kid's party. Either it goes horribly wrong or it ends up being creepy in a bad way/sad. A small kids themed Halloween event like Not So Scary confined to mostly Seuss would be like the birthday party that your parents threw you with that creepy clown.

This is not an area Universal needs to explore. As you said, every other Central Florida park has it covered. Let Universal stick to doing what they do best; clearly they have the crowds they want from it.

HHN just isn't conceivable for IOA if management would have to shut down Seuss, Potter, and Marvel just so the respective IP owners aren't angered. That's half of the park that is no longer fair game for use.

Marvel can be themed just no reference of characters in said theming. Like it or not guys a dual park format is being considered this year.

I didnt mind it so much when they did that years ago. The scare zones seemed to be spread so far but after this last year of having none at all it he least o my complaints will be how far apart they are

I remember hearing as far back as 2007--long before Walking Dead crowds--that IoA simply didn't have the capacity for the event, especially with all of Seuss Landing shuttered. Universal is the bigger park, why I think it will always by necessity be a part of HHN.

I'd just add, having walked through an HHNized Seuss Landing two different years, it was kind of creepy and novel the first time but quickly became "bad show." Too much dead space, no pun intended. Literally nothing open. No scare zone, no rides, no bars, no snack carts.

(...)

If you have to use the Studios for capacity as well, the crossover becomes the main issue. It's a long-ass walk, requires security, extra ticket takers, maybe some scare actors... I think that would be the only real issue.

I never meant holding HHN only at IoA. I was just saying why IoA wouldn't be off limits :thumbs:

Although it might present some challenges, I think a two-park HHN would be pretty awesome. The distances wouldn't bother me as I'm already used to visiting both parks on each of my visits. Hopefully it would mean smaller wait times, since people would be more spread out. As mentioned, we'll have the train to connect both lands, and/or they can do another scare-path to connect both parks. And, if it's a big enough event, it could mean more business for Uni in the form of repeat visits and people staying longer and spending more overall.

On another note, I also hope Uni decides to theme rides again for HHN. I know it's probably a lot of work, but it'd be so cool :smiley:

Alright, I haven't had the chance to read up on this thread and know what's going on or in the plans but I REALLY want to see The Walking Dead house return!

I just got into the TV series and am obsessed with it! When I went through in October, I couldn't appreciate it like I could now and just remember it being awesome in general! Maybe this has been mentioned but is there a chance?!