Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation | Page 68 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Was this A&D's decision?!? I seriously think marketing is behind this. I want them to fire all of marketing and replace them. With former A&D members.

This reeks of marketing. I tried to be optimistic for a while. I'm getting to be kind of over it. A&D do a lot of good work and none of it is able to really shine under these circumstances. It's evidenced in how awesome the floats were in the Mardi Gras parade last year. I love Universal, and I love what they do with attractions and I'm sure I'll still go 10 times but it's getting old. These fan groups are supposed to really help give feedback. I don't expect for us to dictate the event, but for our opinions to be disregarded by Marketing is something as well.

Because they plastered TWD last year everywhere and they saw how insane the event was...this year they told themselves...MOAR WALKING DEAD = MOAR $$$

I don't see how any of you can be surprised by this...as much as most of us hate the idea, I presume that most guests will love this experience. It's all about bringing in the money, and the Walking Dead does just that.

I have some friends that are planning on coming now simply because of the Walking Dead overlay in the streets.

The house is a no brainer given the shows popularity...but I don't think we really needed the street experience as well. oh well.

I don't see how any of you can be surprised by this...as much as most of us hate the idea, I presume that most guests will love this experience. It's all about bringing in the money, and the Walking Dead does just that.

I have some friends that are planning on coming now simply because of the Walking Dead overlay in the streets.

IPs = more guests and more $, Universal drank from the Koolaid last year and loved it. I would imagine this is the wave of the future and will continue headed towards more IPs.

Yes, but at what point do you ignore the fan base and your roots? The two rumored "original" houses are both supposedly sequels.

Havoc was amazing and the first LT house had some incredibly unique scares...so at least there is SOME place for UC and A&D to put their ideas into.

Yes, but at what point do you ignore the fan base and your roots? The two rumored "original" houses are both supposedly sequels.

Yep, and sorry I am tired of hearing about Uni's money... they make plenty(!) so I don't care about their money and how we should just accept that the way it is!
It is going to take away the customers who have been going for years, if I hadn't already (my fault)got my tickets already I wouldn't go this year. I can tell you next year I will be waiting to see a full line up before I invest any money on HHN's and if they disappoint me I will take my money and check out other haunts out of state.

Universal Orlando is also dedicating its entire “Halloween Horror Nights” street experience to “The Walking Dead” – making this the first time ever that all of the scare zones throughout the park will be themed after a hit television series.

:bang:

I am in disbelief... The WD will take over the entirety of the streets?! That cuts the creativity at the very least in half. This is total bulls**t... Getting more and more excited for Howl-O-Scream...

This is Disney committing to Avatar level bad. Punting on creativity.

WDI can do better than Pandora.
A&D can do better than WD.

Corporate greed and sloth. They need the crutch of an IP.