Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I DO NOT want the WD to return but it's almost a certainty given the fact this is a business.

I agree, the Hollywood Blvd scare zone last year was a little underwhelming for my tastes. I'm hoping that this year they are able to have a scare zone there that is able to be as good as the Purge or Blood Bayou last year.

As far as TWD, either bring it back or don't. I don't care if it isn't in the park at all or if we get a scare zone/house. All I care about is the fact that if they do include it in the house line up this year, that they make it a great house that is enjoyable for the season. However, the content/ story line of the season thus far doesn't bode well for a house or scare zone.

That was a scarezone?

Now with Gaga involved in AHS and the new season starting up I wonder how this will effect the rumor...it seems they are trying to ride the popularity train with her fans

Hotel will be a giant success no doubt, they would be foolish to not include AHS this year at the peak of its popularity

Ehhhh even at its peak it's not relevant Imo

Ehhhh even at its peak it's not relevant Imo

There still seems to be a disconnect in the online theme park community about just how popular TWD (as a show and an IP) truly is. It's still Star Wars in 1978--the #1 show on TV--cable or broadcast--a couple years running. Dominates the pop culture mindset like nothing else in a generation.

This is an anomaly because it's a cable show. No other cable show has ever had a following like that.

There still seems to be a disconnect in the online theme park community about just how popular TWD (as a show and an IP) truly is. It's still Star Wars in 1978--the #1 show on TV--cable or broadcast--a couple years running. Dominates the pop culture mindset like nothing else in a generation.

This is an anomaly because it's a cable show. No other cable show has ever had a following like that.

I think Hate was referring to American Horror Story, not TWD.

I personally didn't feel that AHS was as relevant to HHN as TWD is but, there have been many people in the mid-teen to early 20s bracket that feel AHS would be a totally relevant addition to the event and even follows it similarly to TWD. The only thing that I feel AHS has going for it to be included in the event is the fact of all the different locations and stories that could be spun-off and used for a house.

For instance, from the season Coven they could pull together a house that is themed to the New Orleans and have the members of the coven and Marie Lavough's followers having a fight similar to what was one blip in the season and we are just 3rd party bystanders watching/experiencing everything as its happening.

Whether this property gets included in the scare zone/house line up this year I would say boils down to two things:
1. What target audience do we want to pursue to get to attend the event this year.
2. Can/should we get the rights/licensure to make this property into a house?

This may be a viable option since the show is produced by Fox and they were able to make a deal with them last year for AVP.

And another thing, of course their using Lady Gaga to get to her fanbase to use this to get even more popular! Can anyone guess what that age range is?

It's popular with college age too

To be frank, it's popular these days mostly with folks lacking in good taste... though that's just my opinion. It's a solid brand, but is losing momentum - the Lady Gaga casting stunt says to me they're getting worried about its long-term future, not to mention the retconning of the entire universe being "connected" between seasons. Add Ryan Murphy kickstarting new shows... I dunno. If they were going to do it, this would be the year. After this? Draw may not be there.

To be frank, it's popular these days mostly with folks lacking in good taste... though that's just my opinion. It's a solid brand, but is losing momentum - the Lady Gaga casting stunt says to me they're getting worried about its long-term future, not to mention the retconning of the entire universe being "connected" between seasons. Add Ryan Murphy kickstarting new shows... I dunno. If they were going to do it, this would be the year. After this? Draw may not be there.
This. A lot of people didn't like Coven and most thought Freak Show was bad. They have to do it this year or it'll never happen.

When it comes to AHS, it's possible considering a couple years ago they did try making a house. But considering that house idea was shelved due to creative differences, a couple things have to fall in place for that to happen.

One option is Ryan Murphy budging on certain scenes/content being/not being in the house, after all that's what caused things to clash last time. Now if he doesn't budge like last time, then really the only probably way for a house to happen is one idea that was mused on another site...it would have to be an' upcharge/extreme house. It's a crazy idea for sure, but in a way it doesn't seem so far-fetched considering all the hubbub and rumors of the event adding more houses and possibly doing a two park event once again due to eventual construction happening in the studios. Not to mention with this being an' anniversary year, who knows what they'll do to make it bigger or stand out for the occasion.

I think Hate was referring to American Horror Story, not TWD.

Kind of my point, tho I should have been clearer. AHS isn't in the same league as TWD, it's barely even the same sport. I don't see the point of an AHS house--it's a niche IP that won't bring in a significant number of guests the way TWD does.

When was HHN ever about relevancy? It's up for a month and then it's taken down forever. I think with the gaga army and rapidly growing fanbase it'll last for a couple more seasons. It also never has to be a yearly thing like TWD, just have it be a one off to promote hotel and then boom there you go. As IP's go I really do think this one has the biggest chance of coming true

Since they've had the Walking Dead 3 years in a row.

It went down in ratings last year...

The nice thing about using legendary IPs (i.e. Halloween, New Line Big 3) and original creations is you don't really have to worry about relevancy.

TWD is clearly an exception since there hasn't been another IP to do that in the history of HHN. Also freakshow was one of the most popular shows of last year, don't see where you got that information

- - - Updated - - -

The nice thing about using legendary IPs (i.e. Halloween, New Line Big 3) and original creations is you don't really have to worry about relevancy.

you don't have to worry about relevancy period with HHN, dracula untold is beyond irrelevant now but at the time it just came out and it didn't matter because it was gonna be taken down in a month. Taking one of the most popular horror shows...ever and turning it to a house at the peak of its popularity is far from a bad idea

TWD is clearly an exception since there hasn't been another IP to do that in the history of HHN. Also freakshow was one of the most popular shows of last year, don't see where you got that information

Most popular how? In viewers? Because no, it really wasn't. It had a fairly big opening episode, and then ended up with less viewers than the season before had.

For example, Freakshow had 1/3 the amount of viewers for its premier than TWD did this season.

BriMan is right....http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/american-horror-story-freak-show-ratings-34379/

Not to say the fan base is not there. Though being a main showcase house. I don't believe so. This series is too "adult" for horror nights. Maybe that's the issue. Ryan would never want anything relating to his property to be censored.

B_HTPdDU8AAyMtc.jpg

Hmm looks like an announcement video. Right after he visited Hollywood...Dun Dun DUN!

Last edited: