Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 25 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed this is key. HHN marketing is all about hitting the UCF freshman who's never heard of the event or the 20-something Winter Park yuppies who don't normally "do" theme parks but do love TWD or Nightmare on Elm Street. You can't convince me that a single person ever found the online games, played them, and then decided to go to the event solely because of that.

(slowly raises hand)

I stand by that it was a small thing that enhanced the experience for anyone that came upon it. Not everything in a creative endeavor should be determined by whether or not it's "worth the cost," especially at this small a scale in a corporation of this size. I agree games requiring an outside vendor could be considered an unnecessary expense - but allowing A&D to design the site with their own graphics and including their own clickable backstories wasn't exactly a crippling expense. Furthermore, I imagine it proved morale and creativity over there. Not everything is immediately quantifiable.

Ignoring all of this, there's no reason A&D shouldn't have been allowed to throw together a quick backstory on what Jack's been up to and what his current plan for the park/HHN/us is. There's also no reason they couldn't have done a more encompassing theme to tie Jack and the IPs together, as was done in 2007 and 2009.

Reactions: Cole
You know what? Shrek house has been kinda quiet on details... I'm for one excited to see how they execute this location.. Facade must be indoors like Soundstage
I looked around it briefly didn't see anything. I will say though when you walk by and get a blast of the cold AC coming out with that smell of fresh cut wood it instantly reminds me of HHN!

Ignoring all of this, there's no reason A&D shouldn't have been allowed to throw together a quick backstory on what Jack's been up to and what his current plan for the park/HHN/us is.
I agree it could be the tipping point for a few future HHN long term fans. It's the kind of thing that draws in the type of people who become return visitors. Also if they were going to do this they would wait until everything is revealed so I don't think we should assume just yet that this isn't happening at all.

You know what? Shrek house has been kinda quiet on details... I'm for one excited to see how they execute this location.. Facade must be indoors like Soundstage
i'm insanely curious about this too, I'm terrified for the lines for this one too. Have no idea where they're gonna be and since it's at the entrance, they're gonna be insanely long. Thank god for express lol. Also I can agree with marketing on that but seriously, all they'd have to do is put one paragraph on why jacks back and the fans would shut up. It would cost nothing and would satisfy a ton of people. Whatever though, the closer we are to the event the more it seems like that's not gonna happen, bummer

I did like the extra web content they had in the past, but it likely took a decent amount of work and if I remember right they did it more out of love in the off hours than official business hours. I also agree it would be nice if they could throw in some backstory which may or may not still be coming.

I don't know about some one pager though. I think it would feel thrown together and half-assed and would prefer them not do anything at all. No reason to burn cycles when there are more pressing things.

I'm just excited to go and experience everything. I don't really mind if there is a back story or not. I mean sure it would spice things up but I'm still pumped for the event.

This sounds interesting.

FcM1omA.png

Reactions: *Q* and Clive
@s8film40 there's no pricing info on that right?
No. I kind of wish it was at the end of the event. Having just bought passes and I'm thinking about adding express so I don't need to add another expense right now. I think it would be a little more meaningful towards the end also after spending a month+ at the event.

That dining sounds awesome!!!! I'm not gonna do it but that's a great idea they have going there. It's like Disney but instead of pooh bear you get jack the clown!!!! Perfect

On the phone with Universal now. Its at the Monster's Cafe. Seating times are at 4:15-5:30. The event costs 50 + tax and the presale starts tomorrow. Will be available to book online soon. You have to be in the park by 4:45 or you will miss the experience. She also said they are going to do it on October 14th and 21st at as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: s8film40
Hmmm...they link also mentions the AP nights for HHN but then the RSVP link sends you to an 'extinct' page.

Not sure what is up w/ UOR these days, but they seem to be sending me E-mails that make no sense...