Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion | Page 144 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm not saying it's impossible or anything but I wonder if they might avoid going directly behind B&T. There's a lot of backstage stuff going on there during the shows.

Speaking of back storyies/IPs...

My girlfriend works for a non-profit similar to make-a-wish where they send kids afflicted with NF and their families on vacations of a lifetime. Next week she's bringing a family to Universal (it was their dream vacation) for 5 days. I tried getting her to watch AHS Hotel last night and she started freaking out on me.. saying "how do you expect me to sleep by myself in a hotel for the next week" "you're f'n nuts" "no!" "i hate you".. etc..

the night ended with myself, a tub of ice cream, watching AHS by myself lol.. i have some makin' up to do this weekend :frown:
And what did you learn

That's what I would have thought they would do, but where would that end up putting the entrance? There's not enough room to put the TCM and LP3D entrances in that same courtyard.
I'm saying that the entrance will be at the same place as the exit, at the gate next to MIB and Fear Factor. The queue goes through the MIB extended queue and then continues behind the MIB show building before turning back around and entering back by the MIB extended queue.

Reactions: DanB89
I'm curious... How do the layouts effect your event planning? I could understand wanting to know which house is located where. Depending on when you're attending, I would also imagine that you'd be curious about the average wait times for certain houses. That would possibly make a difference on the order you choose. I can't see how the queue layout would make a huge difference. Care to enlighten me with your thoughts?

This year they won't be able to use Twister queue as an entrance. Wonder where they'll reroute it to?

My curiosity stems from the queue debacle that was 2013. After I learned the queues, I was able to really get a lot done quickly by anticipating where people would go first/next and doing the opposite.

Then last year we had the whole blocking off Shrek Alley that really threw me for a loop as it meant an extra walk to get to the soundstages after exiting AiW. Will that change this year? I do not know.

This year we have the extra house in an entirely new location and the loss of the Twister queue, leading to some interesting speculation on how they plan on fitting in some of those entrances/exits.

Once I learn the queue layouts, I can usually figure out how to run things while keeping my walking to a minimum, so I am always curious as to how they are going to set things up and there are two (possibly three) interesting new factors.

For those who want some more speculation, how about house opening times and where each stay and scream zone will get to go first?

Reactions: SeventyOne

Someone tell Aiello about these guys!!

Some great masks, but go to any Halloween or haunt convention and you'll find hundreds like them. They are just silicon masks. They can be expensive to buy or make though, and not good for extended wear and tear that an event like HHN would put them through. And they can get very hot (trust me, I own one lol).

Someone tell Aiello about these guys!!

They used a few of the masks Immortal makes (Dirge for sure) at HHN Singapore a year or two ago. Immortal has some good (creative) silicone masks, but I prefer CFX myself. If you're going for a human flesh type mask though, Realflesh or SPFX would probably be my choice.

The only problem with these masks is (as mentioned above) the amount of heat that gets trapped in there with you. Your skin has no room to breathe because the mask forms to your face. I couldn't imagine wearing a mask like that outside in Florida for more than 20 minutes.

In all reality, it means nothing. A good IP can be a crap house, and vice versa.

i dont like insidious so as great as the house was i did not care too much for doing it again after a couple of times.

Doomsday was pretty bad so i did that like twice. I hated From dusk till dawn show and i hated the house
it depends. im not saying the houses were bad but for me at least it makes me enjoy it less when the movie is bad

the purge house was a mess with unfinished rooms and painted walls but since the property is so cool the house felt better

I think a lot of it depends on timing too. I have gone through some of my favorite houses multiple times and the scares were either ahead or behind me. It can definitely make or break the effectiveness of the house. I would be curious to see the not-so-great houses with all of the scares timed perfectly.

Based on conversations with The DemiGorgon in The Upside Down ...

Lower your expectations for both Chance's house and SZ. Also, if they weren't rock bottom already, lower them for TWD.

Cautiously raise your expectations for Survive or Die. A lot going on in that SZ apparently.

Expect Ghost Town, AHS and Exorcist to be the top candidates for HotY.