Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

I can almost guarantee Get Out isn't coming for two reasons:

1. Legacy just said earlier that marketing wouldn't know how popular a movie without tie ins would be when the lineup is locked in.
2. Get Out has some VERY touchy themes and will be a highly controversial movie.

I can almost guarantee Get Out isn't coming for two reasons:

1. Legacy just said earlier that marketing wouldn't know how popular a movie without tie ins would be when the lineup is locked in.
2. Get Out has some VERY touchy themes and will be a highly controversial movie.
Yes these are very good reasons for it not coming. Its just the code word too good to be coincidental.

Get Out will also not be a maze for a litany reasons, chief among them the inherent sensitivity to a racially themed film, but more importantly the utter lack of characters and settings that make for good maze adaptation.

This is a crazy idea, but possible. Since the actual VR portion of the Repository was not a favorite among viewers, but the actual challenges were, there could be a Call of Duty Zombies interaction maze. It will be an up charge maze and feature a type of lazer tag effect and maybe even a point system. #Called It

What I'd be curious about with a VR experience returning, is how much will it change. Considering the response, I'd have to assume that portions of it need at least an overhaul, but what they could change it to makes me curious. Could they keep the Legendary Truth theme, or could they go with something new? That's something I am wondering to an extent..

If it does come back, I have a feeling it will be an all new experience. What keeps people coming back to HHN year after year is the fact that EVERYTHING changes. No two years are the same and only one (maybe two, can't remember) house has ever been brought back room for room for at least the past 20 years. The upcharge house was created for the true HHN fans. The ones that wanted more Legendary Truth information or something totally new that HHN has never seen before. I highly doubt any first time HHN guests went into it. If they want to bring it back, it needs to be new since all the hardcore fans have already done it and won't want to drop the money to do the same thing this year.

I wonder if an IP would bring in more people?

From what I was told, tickets sold really well last year for the VR upcharge, but there were still some complaints about the actual experience.

The bigger question to me is, will they allot more room and have more than one VR upcharge going at the same time to accomodate more people?

Also, any word on if Academy of Villains or a similar show might be returning?

From what I was told, tickets sold really well last year for the VR upcharge, but there were still some complaints about the actual experience.

The bigger question to me is, will they allot more room and have more than one VR upcharge going at the same time to accomodate more people?

Also, any word on if Academy of Villains or a similar show might be returning?

After guest satisfactions surveys, they have to come back. Or at least something similar.