Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn’t AHS last year kind of a best of house? So what could another house do except add the last season which wasn’t really house material from people saying?

Meh. To me it means one of two things:

(1) Another year of behind-the-scenes upheaval. A lot of time and man-hours wasted on developing cool concepts that we'll never see, and probably at least one or two "rush" jobs.

(2) Creative is wasting time and resources and intellectual capital on planting false rumors to mess with the very people who make the event iconic every year.

I suspect the former, but neither fills me with confidence. Give me a 2007 or a 2015 where we knew everything by April and the event still delivered.
It really doesn't take much to plant a false rumor. All it takes is someone with any sort of credibility to say something that isn't true. It happened to me a few times. Hell, I did it to a few people last year.

But there was some upheaval. Nowhere near as drastic as we've seen though.
Scare Zone. My guess is scare zone. I wouldn't want to touch a lot of the political points of the season were I Universal.
Yeah... I don't see it happening as a scarezone.

I’m so confused so did we lose Trick ‘r Treat? Yesterday Legacy and others were strongly hinting at TRT, IIRC Legacy even said on HNN that his notes said TRT wouldn’t be an original adaptation. As for AHS, I thought they were contractually obligated to do it; I feel like they got cold feet about it this year due to Cult’s politics.

I’m so confused so did we lose Trick ‘r Treat? Yesterday Legacy and others were strongly hinting at TRT, IIRC Legacy even said on HNN that his notes said TRT wouldn’t be an original adaptation. As for AHS, I thought they were contractually obligated to do it; I feel like they got cold feet about it this year due to Cult’s politics.
No house changes. Just a delay to finalize the sweepstakes rules website.

Okay good. So in that case, maybe AHS wasn’t planned for this year?

If so it means we would have it narrowed down to:

- Stranger Things
- Trick ‘r Treat
- ?(Clue 4)
- ?
Final IP clue will come next week. In the meantime... CLUE 6!
ku5PBVj7j3nDcsYp1FKI4D9uWuc=.gif

With 4 IPS it seems they may have realized from last year that they don't have to rely so much on them anymore. Just a few big ones to grab people's attention. With 2 of the 4 being from the original list and apparently no AHS, it leads me to think that they probably had to pay a lot of money to secure the rights to Stranger Things and probably have to let that be the main focus for IPs like with WD and AHS before it. To save money on the rest, Trick R Treat makes sense from a possible deal made last year along with the costumes etc. This leads me to wonder, could the two remaining IP's be Universal properties? It would save them on licensing and possibly costuming if it's something they've done before. Which is just more reason for me to be shocked that they wouldn't do Halloween. Anyways, just some random thoughts. Would allow them to make some really stellar originals.