Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion | Page 178 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
@Legacy i’m confused following you and UO. Are there only 9 houses and an upcharge? Also the permits posted, are both tents up? If so that means 8 locations so far? What happened to the new house location?

@Legacy i’m confused following you and UO. Are there only 9 houses and an upcharge? Also the permits posted, are both tents up? If so that means 8 locations so far? What happened to the new house location?
I know details on 9 traditional houses. None of those houses are in Shrek. One of those houses, from everything I’ve seen and heard is in a new location. It COULD have shifted into 25 (giving it AND 24 two houses). I personally don’t like it, though. Especially since some of the details make fitting these two houses into one soundstage “feel” (from my perspective) needlessly difficult.

I do not know what is going into Shrek. The permit confirms that SOMETHING is going in there. A&D is keeping ungodly close wraps on it, though. That, with the continued reiteration of 9 houses, leads me to believe it’s an upcharge.

I know details on 9 traditional houses. None of those houses are in Shrek. One of those houses, from everything I’ve seen and heard is in a new location. It COULD have shifted into 25 (giving it AND 24 two houses). I personally don’t like it, though. Especially since some of the details make fitting these two houses into one soundstage “feel” (from my perspective) needlessly difficult.

I do not know what is going into Shrek. The permit confirms that SOMETHING is going in there. A&D is keeping ungodly close wraps on it, though. That, with the continued reiteration of 9 houses, leads me to believe it’s an upcharge.

So we have a possible Transformers situation? That's.. something.

Did you like the original new location? I assume this new location will be one that requires long walking.

So we have a possible Transformers situation? That's.. something.
You mean... do we have a situation where A&D has to design a new house from scratch because Creative demolished their planned house location, mid-build?

No. We do not have that occurring.

Universal has fully designed, and are building, nine traditional houses PLUS whatever is going into Shrek (which I am speculating is an upcharge). Of those nine traditional houses, I know eight are being put in places that have held houses before. Those eight locations include two sprungs, Parade, and MIB. The ninth, never-before-used location COULD have been moved into a soundstage (or Parade, I suppose) but I see no REASON to move it.

Everyone needs to realize that this is actually an easy year behind the scenes. The original “leaked list” came out before designs were completed. Any changes to the house list occurred far enough in advance that A&D could design something else, easy-peasy. That’s how the event NORMALLY goes.

I’m being literal. This year is not this hard to grasp.

I know if SHREK is possibly an upcharge, I hope it is one like we did back at BGT called ALONE. I love to go thru a house by myself and actually enjoy it. Or it would be nice if it is something like CREEP. I do hope if it is an upcharge house I really want it to be where you go thru by yourself, or you can go in a group and they can actually grab you and put you in weird places. I did CREEP LA in 2016, and they actually put me in this box cage thing for like a half hour. It was creepy and the fear of by yourself with nothing but darkness actually has both the fear and its just kind of gets to you with the psychological scare and the jump scares, I think a lot of people would do it, I will make my reservation ASAP. I can't wait, hurry up haunt season time. I am excited for TrT & ST. I rather stick with the originals , but regardless HHN is always a blast.

Reactions: ReelJustice
I know if SHREK is possibly an upcharge, I hope it is one like we did back at BGT called ALONE. I love to go thru a house by myself and actually enjoy it. Or it would be nice if it is something like CREEP. I do hope if it is an upcharge house I really want it to be where you go thru by yourself, or you can go in a group and they can actually grab you and put you in weird places. I did CREEP LA in 2016, and they actually put me in this box cage thing for like a half hour. It was creepy and the fear of by yourself with nothing but darkness actually has both the fear and its just kind of gets to you with the psychological scare and the jump scares, I think a lot of people would do it, I will make my reservation ASAP. I can't wait, hurry up haunt season time. I am excited for TrT & ST. I rather stick with the originals , but regardless HHN is always a blast.
I doubt HHN is gonna go ever gonna go "extreme haunt."