Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I'll be there late Sept/First week of Oct and I look like this: All short and chubby and half crazed and gross and junk
19424366_10154843102808667_9018546911488180192_n.jpg

Last edited:
So after rewatching IT last night, I’m definitely excited for the house assuming it happens. Wondering how much of the actual Pennywise clown will be in the house since his other forms(Flute Lady, Leper, Zombie Kids, Headless Boy, Beverly’s Dad if they use him) seem more fitting in the environments they’ll most likely use. Also, incredibly excited to see the sewers and bloody bathroom

Last edited:
Question for the pros: historically, has the first night of HHN been crazy? My vacation plans got all out of whack this year (a wedding forced the dates for Florida to be shifted), so the BF and I will only get Sept. 14 to enjoy.

We’ve did S&S at Finnegan’s last year (our first and only year) and we’re pretty successful at moving through the houses, but that was also mid October.

Question for the pros: historically, has the first night of HHN been crazy? My vacation plans got all out of whack this year (a wedding forced the dates for Florida to be shifted), so the BF and I will only get Sept. 14 to enjoy.

We’ve did S&S at Finnegan’s last year (our first and only year) and we’re pretty successful at moving through the houses, but that was also mid October.
It will be - ummmm - busy.......

Opening night can be pretty busy, but not as bad as other nights like hell week. If it were my only night I would get Express or RIP. That being said opening night is my second favorite night of the whole event. There’s a little more excitement and everything is new.

It will be - ummmm - busy.......

As expected, haha. Thank you Captain Obvious! :)

Historically, as in over 27 years, no.

Past 5 years or so, ridiculously busy. Doesn't help that there are a ton of RIP tours--bloggers, corporate bigwigs--who randomly hold the lines up for 4 minutes. More than any other night I'd wager.

I guess that's not too surprising, but probably not the end of the world with EP/RIP.

Opening night can be pretty busy, but not as bad as other nights like hell week. If it were my only night I would get Express or RIP. That being said opening night is my second favorite night of the whole event. There’s a little more excitement and everything is new.

Never really considered RIP from price alone, but Express pass for sure would be in the cards. RIP would definitely be a solid option if we want to get through everything, though. When we went last time we bowed out about 10PM (I may or may not have forced everyone out of bed at 6AM to get into the parks - one thing I will never do again!!!), and we got through five of the houses and both shows. I'd think if we stayed the whole night, we could have gotten through everything, but you never can tell.

Speaking of tours, I'd almost rather do Unmasking if it was available, just to be able to appreciate the sets. I'm pretty sure they won't do that opening day though.

Opening nights are usually busy, but my opinion is that last year's opening was dead because it was only 3 or 4 days after Hurricane Irma. I know I enjoyed having power in the hotel since my house didn't.

thinking of going this year. it's been several years. Is Gringotts Bank open during HHN? Is Diagon a "scare zone", or do they leave it alone?