Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 28 General Discussion

I honestly think one of the best and cheapest ways they could help the crowd problem is making HHN versions of some of the rides. It gets more people in those lines and increase their effective capacity. The ideal candidates would the Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror), Mummy (darker, ScareActors), MIB (darker, themed queue, ScareActors), and HRRR (Halloween songs).

I honestly think one of the best and cheapest ways they could help the crowd problem is making HHN versions of some of the rides. It gets more people in those lines and increase their effective capacity. The ideal candidates would the Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror), Mummy (darker, ScareActors), MIB (darker, themed queue, ScareActors), and HRRR (Halloween songs).
But when the rides are getting hour-long queues, does it even matter?

The big thing with actors on rides is safety. You just won't see it in the current parks.

Also, the rides have had such long lines this year as-is

I quite liked the fact that outside Mel’s wasn’t a cluster like it normally is. But HHN definitely needs 2 shows.

A magic show or something like it won't draw the same crowd AoV or Jack's show did. I think 3 shows is a must

A magic show or something like it won't draw the same crowd AoV or Jack's show did. I think 3 shows is a must

Yeah that’s a better idea, smaller show outside Mel’s, then one in animal actors and fear factor?

Seems silly they don’t try put on shows in every “stadium” they have as it would take so many people off the streets.

Anyone know how important to Universal, crowd control and making the experience better for everyone is? Like do they care that much as long as people keep coming through the door?

Seems the only option to make it a more enjoyable experience crowd wise would be to do as you say , and put on 3 shows.... or the only other option I can think of is two parks?

Could you not have the two parks open staggered if they’re bothered about regular day park day guests?

Isn't this the most busy time of the season? Also when every blog says "Go Sundays and Wednesdays those are the least busy" it can be assumed that people will catch on and go in droves.

This weekend was "Hell Week." Ton of schools are out today (Monday). Busier than Hell Weeks have been in a while, but I called last night being the worst night of the year 100 pages ago.

There is still some cost-benefit analysis being done. In order to shift to a daily HHN, they have to double staff everything. At the very least hire enough swings to fill half the total house/zone count. Plus Ops (which is even more difficult).

They're looking at solutions for the crowds though.

Is both parks one of the options?

I don’t know enough about capacity but I feel like you have to add at least 3/4 mazes to offset the loss of bill and ted, how many can fit in a house and queue at one time?

10 seems a lot of houses as is.

You got that right. Even on a normal busy day with Express Pass most of my time was waiting in line for the houses. This year is the first time I had to choose to either do all the houses or spend more time in ScareZones.

It's getting to the point where they don't really have any usable locations left.

You can still add a maze to one of the soundstages (there's enough space in the Poltergeist stage to add another. You can add a tent like Blumhouse between ET and Bamba. F&F extended queue (let's face it, they don't use it).

You can still add a maze to one of the soundstages (there's enough space in the Poltergeist stage to add another. You can add a tent like Blumhouse between ET and Bamba. F&F extended queue (let's face it, they don't use it).

The problem with another soundstage house is there's nowhere to put a queue. F&F extended queue *might* work, but I don't know the logistics of that area.

I tend to agree with this. A few of the houses this year already seemed like they were designed to be understaffed scareactor-wise.

I think a second, smaller-budget show would've been a good option. As much as I dread thinking of the impact HP might have...

That, or cutting the zone number to four. Traditions, Chucky and Klowns are all good to very good zones. I am not a fan of Vamp '85 or Harvest.

And oh god, please not a substantial price increase.