Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When you say Central Park Scarezone do you mean the one by the mummy? Like where Vamp was? Because I find that to be one of the least crowded Scarezones...

The one in production central/San Francisco are much worse... even the one by transformers is more crowded... The NYC one is pretty spread out imho?

I mean the one before kidzone/Springfield and after hollywood. Think you’re thinking of gramercy park?

Specifically the part I mean is the trail that shoots of towards the lake, always a quiet area with nothing there but trees.

Obviously they have the viewing area for the show now but it always shocked my how there was nothing in that area.

Yeah, I mentioned in a post earlier that they need to move the scarezone elsewhere. Like in front of Mel's or something.

They did this from 2008-10. It's why I think it's better when there's no show there.

I had an idea for a Nightingales Revolutionary War zone at 30 in the Mel's/CP area (first Battle of Saratoga, specifically--this image shows how well it would fit in that area).

Still, I wonder if they could really afford to do anything that strays from "traditional Halloween theme" in that area--not using those jack-o-lanterns is potentially a waste from a business perspective, especially when they have to do 10 houses (which is a big reason I hate the idea of adding even more).

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas and Darko
They did this from 2008-10. It's why I think it's better when there's no show there.

I had an idea for a Nightingales Revolutionary War zone at 30 in the Mel's/CP area (first Battle of Saratoga, specifically--this image shows how well it would fit in that area).

Still, I wonder if they could really afford to do anything that strays from "traditional Halloween theme" in that area--not using those jack-o-lanterns is potentially a waste from a business perspective, especially when they have to do 10 houses (which is a big reason why I hate the idea of adding even more).
As Drummanmatt said, just put the pumpkins in the trees, add some fog and lighting, and make it an atmosphere zone. Put a true scarezone in front of Mel's.

Yep. I would gladly sacrifice a dance show with Jack and Chance if it meant getting a true zone out there.
I loved The Carnage Returns, but since they so obviously don't care to do icons anymore, turn that area into a scarezone. Perfect place for one since not much traffic goes through there.

I loved The Carnage Returns, but since they so obviously don't care to do icons anymore, turn that area into a scarezone. Perfect place for one since not much traffic goes through there.

I think they still might put Jack on the marketing for 30, accompanied by the Mind Flayer and a couple of other IPs (if they want to continue patterns, Halloween 5, maybe?). But I could easily see a house dedicated to them at 30, ala Horror Night Nightmares at 14. Even though marketing sees no use in putting the others on the advertising, I don't think that means the icons can't appear at the event itself...except for one. :'(

Last edited:
Reactions: Darko
I think they still might put Jack on the marketing for 30. But I don't think that means the icons can't appear at the event itself...except for one. :'(

I could easily see a house dedicated to them, ala Horror Night Nightmares at 14.
Yeah I suspect icons will now exist only during anniversary years.

This year will be probably Stranger Things focused again. I hope for either a house or a scarezone for icons though at 30, like they did for HHNXX. I know there are not many fans for that year's event but it was my first year so I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
Honestly, I see this year more..generic, as opposed to Stranger Things. Could there be a hint to 30? Probably. But I doubt we'll see them pull out big things on a centralized theme and/or Icon until next year.
Patrick mentioned a walkthrough yesterday. Which is expected when they started construction the first week of February.

And, are people really still expecting a centralized theme/icon? Truthfully. Since 22, there has been 2 icon years (one of which was an Anniversary year), and 3 “themes” (2 tied to icons and Horror Unearthed). Even last year didn’t have a theme. The whole 80s thing was an idea that was never referred to as a theme.

This year will be “like” 28, and 27, and, 24, and 23...

Patrick mentioned a walkthrough yesterday. Which is expected when they started construction the first week of February.

And, are people really still expecting a centralized theme/icon? Truthfully. Since 22, there has been 2 icon years (one of which was an Anniversary year), and 3 “themes” (2 tied to icons and Horror Unearthed). Even last year didn’t have a theme. The whole 80s thing was an idea that was never referred to as a theme.

This year will be “like” 28, and 27, and, 24, and 23...

Kinda sucks, because they could've very easily done it. Regardless, anyone who thinks there will be a centralized theme this year is kidding his or herself.

And now, Aiello has gone on record to confirm that maze work has begun.

Honestly, I see this year more..generic, as opposed to Stranger Things. Could there be a hint to 30? Probably. But I doubt we'll see them pull out big things on a centralized theme and/or Icon until next year.

I like the last two parts of that tweet the most.

Reactions: Porkchop
I personally don't think people believe there will be an icon or centralized theme, so much that it's people want an icon or centralized theme. Its what gave Orlando's event it's personality. Personally I'm not too broken up about it 'cause the anniversary events should be able to bring that stuff. I will say though that icons bring a certain feel or magic to the event that I love.

Last edited:
Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Personally I'm not too broken up about it 'cause the anniversary events should be able to bring that stuff. I will say though that icons bring a certain feel or magic to the event that I love.

That's why, as long as we don't really know jack (no pun intended) about 29, it's more fun to think about what we might see at 30.

I really don’t want to see Jack lead HHN 30. All the icons? Sure. Jack is Back XXX? No.

Me neither, but Jack's all that marketing will want to feature to go along with the Mind Flayer and possibly Michael, if they continue the even year pattern. Now, as far as appearing at the event itself, I think the non-threat to be re-trademarked icons are fair game. I would love for AoV to at least take a year off and get an icons show, but since AoV ain't going anywhere, just go the Horror Nights Nightmares route--I don't really like having a show at Mel's Drive In, when that's such a good space for a scarezone. Also it really messes with crowd flow.

Yeah don’t understand the want to bring back the same icon again and again. Complain of redoing houses or ideas but keep bringing Jack back.

What's funny is that after Carnival of Carnage, people were sick to death of the icons, not just Jack. As a lurker I remember someone unironically proposing they decorate the park entrance with graves for the icons.

Exactly
What's funny is that after Carnival of Carnage, people were sick to death of the icons, not just Jack. As a lurker I remember someone unironically proposing they decorate the park entrance with graves for the icons.
It's called "moderation" and I feel like Uni needs to learn that. Icons a few years, no icons for a few years. Could make everyone happy... or not, who knows.:shrug: