Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How can it be Suspiria when Legacy said the property hasn’t been mentioned still? We’ve already discussed Suspiria, The Thing, Hellraiser...I’m thinking it’s classic Universal. Hitchcock or Universal Monsters, maybe.
Personally I think Universal Monsters is next year.

It's the 30th anniversary, I kind of expect a Dungeon of Terror redux which will use all those characters.

Personally I think Universal Monsters is next year.

It's the 30th anniversary, I kind of expect a Dungeon of Terror redux which will use all those characters.

I do think it’d be really cool if HHN 30 IPs made up a reunion line up of IPs used throughout the event’s history. Universal Monsters, TWD, Halloween, AHS, ST, Psycho, The Thing. Even if most have been overused.
That and requels/sequels of original houses would make a fun anniversary year.

Edit: Seems like I’m onto something with classic Universal...:grin:

Reactions: Kadath
How can it be Suspiria when Legacy said the property hasn’t been mentioned still? We’ve already discussed Suspiria, The Thing, Hellraiser...I’m thinking it’s classic Universal. Hitchcock or Universal Monsters, maybe.
I liked this post because Suspiria has been discussed.
Or something super off the wall like Re-Animator that nobody would ever expect
It’s something that hasn’t been mentioned in a couple of years.

EDIT - And I am trying to figure out a clue. Y’all haven’t figured out my last one yet.

I think Uni Monsters has already been mentioned.

I still like the idea that I and a few others have thought of for them at 30.

Anyways, lots of out-there properties being speculated this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadath and Darko
That's why I'm trying to throw out some that people normally wouldn't mention.

Do you think HHN could do an entirely Hitchcock themed house? That could always be fun. Showing scenes from all of his major films. Has anything like this been done before?

That's why I'm trying to throw out some that people normally wouldn't mention.

Do you think HHN could do an entirely Hitchcock themed house? That could always be fun. Showing scenes from all of his major films. Has anything like this been done before?

Yes they could absolutely do it. It was on Universal’s survey for a few years when you visited the website.

Well a couple off the wall ones not released in this decade would be of the wall from the top of my head include Phantasm, Lovecraft, Reanimator, Rosemary’s Baby, The Ring, The Omen, Hitchcock, and Hills Have Eyes.

I've seen a few times people say that no King properties are likely. Does he have something against his ideas being used at HHN?
King famously refuses to license any of his work for haunts. No one knows why -- he refuses to answer when asked. The closest you'll come is a situation like the Shining or It, where he signed away his rights for the film property.

Well a couple off the wall ones not released in this decade would be of the wall from the top of my head include Phantasm, Lovecraft, Reanimator, Rosemary’s Baby, The Ring, The Omen, Hitchcock, and Hills Have Eyes.

Event Horizon could be added to that list. Might satisfy both the Alien and Hellraiser fans as well!

I know this will never happen, but I think it would be really cool if, instead of using something like Us or Get Out, A&D worked with Jordan Peele and HE was basically the IP for all intents and purposes. He could create something totally original just for HHN.

To me, the idea of that is extremely cool, and would actually fit the event unlike Penn & Teller or Alice Cooper.

Event Horizon could be added to that list. Might satisfy both the Alien and Hellraiser fans as well!
I can neither confirm or deny anything in these posts.

this is every propety i can think of that has not been done before as a full house, was relased before the past 2009, and has not been discussed here for awhile
  • 28 days later
  • army of darkness
  • black christmas
  • blair witch project
  • the blob
  • cabin fever
  • candyman
  • carrie
  • children of the corn
  • christine
  • cloverfield
  • dawn of the dead
  • dead alive
  • the descent
  • dog soldiers
  • grudge
  • henry portrait of a serial killer
  • hills have eyes
  • hostel
  • the howling
  • misery
  • night of the living dead
  • nosefaratu
  • the omen
  • phantasm
  • phantom of the opera
  • (Rec)
  • rosemarys baby
  • scanners
  • scream
  • shaun of the dead
  • sixth sense
  • slither
  • the strangers
  • videodrome

Last edited:
this is every propety i can think of that has not been done before as a full house, was relased before the past 2009, and has not been discussed here for awhile
  • 28 days later
  • army of darkness
  • black christmas
  • blair witch project
  • the blob
  • cabin fever
  • candyman
  • carrie
  • children of the corn
  • christine
  • cloverfield
  • dawn of the dead
  • dead alive
  • the descent
  • dog soldiers
  • grudge
  • henry portrait of a serial killer
  • hills have eyes
  • hostel
  • the howling
  • jurassic park
  • misery
  • night of the living dead
  • nosefaratu
  • the omen
  • phantasm
  • phantom of the opera
  • (Rec)
  • rosemarys baby
  • scanners
  • scream
  • shaun of the dead
  • sixth sense
  • slither
  • the strangers
  • videodrome
I can neither confirm or deny...

:grin:

I can neither confirm or deny...

:grin:
i take that as a acomplishment xd

anyway, legacy said
There is a fifth property I’m starting to anticipate that no one has mentioned still.
i found this post of I.P's legacy would like to see on page 76, might help.
Here are the IPs I would say that for:

True Blood
Channel Zero
Ghost Ship
Repo: The Rock Opera
Final Girls
Odd Thomas
Mortal Instruments

If it seems like those IPs are too unlikely and niche to actually appear, you’re right.

EDIT - To add:

You Might Be The Killer
Exist

So the continuation properties from me and @Spaulding and @hhnlover posts are:

- Rosemary’s Baby
- The Omen
- Hills Have Eyes
- Phantasm

And Hellraiser or Event Horizon seemed to be another property in continuation to the out of box one. Hills Have Eyes could potentially be crossed out since we already have HotC and LitC filling the redneck/cannibal houses, and Rosemary’s Baby could possibly be crossed out too due to little amount of content. Omen has primarily a child as it’s main villain, so unless they pull an Orfanage that means this could be Phantasm

I'm at least partially accounting the potential HOTC to Hollywood doing it first and proving it could work out.

They proved it worked in 2010 & 2011, if anything Suspiria seems like the experiment for this year in Hollywood.

Also just to narrow down on the IP codenames from what we know/guessing on:

- Stranger Things = Hysteria(SS22)
- Ghostbusters = Dog(Soundstage)
- House of 1000 Corpses = Chicken(Tent)
- ? = Drill(Soundstage)
- ? = Pressure(Tent)

Meaning this IP will likely either be Drill or Pressure with whatever it connects to