Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 279 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, i came up a dumb idea to represent slimermin the maze. Get a blackout actor [actor covered in black], and paint on the chest and arms a realistic looking slimer, then position the actor against a black wall, boom now you have a slimer floating and running towards you.

This is how they did a couple scares in Poltergeist last year with the floating skulls. My worry is how Slimer would look and move in this way alone. I could see it being a puppet or animatronic or a combination of costume and puppet/animatronic.

I like the idea of using some 3D effects to make it appear that he, or other characters, are moving through the walls to set up a scare in another room. At this point I am so excited to have a GB house that I think I will actually cry if it doesn't end up coming this year.

This is how they did a couple scares in Poltergeist last year with the floating skulls. My worry is how Slimer would look and move in this way alone. I could see it being a puppet or animatronic or a combination of costume and puppet/animatronic.

I like the idea of using some 3D effects to make it appear that he, or other characters, are moving through the walls to set up a scare in another room. At this point I am so excited to have a GB house that I think I will actually cry if it doesn't end up coming this year.

I really hope Slimer is a minor part of the house/maze instead of the focus. There are much more intricate and interesting creatures/items to take from. If they dive into the 2nd movie at all (even though it was pretty mediocre), the Scolari Brothers, Ghost Train, and pink slime (river or other) could all be pretty wild if used correctly. I quite liked the Poltergeist house last year, especially the entry point, although I thought it was weird having zombie-like people jump out at you the second half of the house (kind of didn't make much sense imo).

A lot of people have been talking about the GB house, but I am personally interested in the Depths of Fear one. One of my dream houses was a nautical themed one, so if it does come true I will be one happy camper. I could see them doing maybe an abandoned submarine or something? It'll be cool if they have any puppets themed around creatures. I know that the house certainly isn't set in stone, but I'm very excited for it! I could see a lot of things happening with it.

Do you really want me to? Because I can. I think we need to wait for all the originals true stories to guarantee an accurate Legion placement.

Let’s breakdown the classic monsters since they are actually listed on the Lineages.

Baccanoid - The Invisible Man

Cerebin - Wolfman and The Creature. We can place the Nightingales here because they are listed on the lineage.

Kerezan - The Mummy and Frankenstein’s monster

Maschorian - The Bride of Frankenstein

Morphan - The Phantom of the Opera

Strengoit - Nosferatu and Dracula
eh, guess i'll do one to. why you may ask? because im bored.

Baccanoid - gozer, (could fit bigfoot)

Cerbin - Demodogs, (could also fit Bigfoot)

Maschorian - Firefly family

Morphan - klowns, slimer

Thinking about ghostbusters.... what if it was in a soundstage like 25, and the street of New York was a scarezone based on ghostbusters as well? I love the thought of ghosts causing havoc in the streets of New York (plus the station is right there where 25 entered last year, where they used to do the GB show), stay puff looming in the distance, and then the house entering and exiting “thru” the zone. I loved when zones corresponded with the houses, it always added a really cool layer

Thinking about ghostbusters.... what if it was in a soundstage like 25, and the street of New York was a scarezone based on ghostbusters as well? I love the thought of ghosts causing havoc in the streets of New York (plus the station is right there where 25 entered last year, where they used to do the GB show), stay puff looming in the distance, and then the house entering and exiting “thru” the zone. I loved when zones corresponded with the houses, it always added a really cool layer
I vote for this.

I vote for this.
What will be the threat in the zone?:shrug:

simple, take this scene and make it into a zone

Well that won’t work since the threat are ghost flying around causing havoc so the best we can get is a bunch of puppets which work great in a house, but won’t work in a SZ. They could have Scare Actors running around but the ghosts then will look bad. The only real thing in the clip that will work is the cab driver but that’s one and he’s in a cab. The zone wouldn’t work epically in an area like NY.

Well that won’t work since the threat are ghost flying around causing havoc so the best we can get is a bunch of puppets which work great in a house, but won’t work in a SZ. They could have Scare Actors running around but the ghosts then will look bad. The only real thing in the clip that will work is the cab driver but that’s one and he’s in a cab. The zone wouldn’t work epically in an area like NY.

Maybe, or maybe there’s a way for them to get creative with it. I just think it being all immersive like that would be amazing and there’s not a ton of IPs that can get away with something like that. And to be fair, there’s been plenty of zones that should be “epic” and scary in NY that end up clumping and being photo ops or just boring, and also some ideas that seemed like they would fail and then succeeded really well in NY. All depends on the team getting creative with characters and scares, and what kind of energy is brought to it in my opinion

This ....this is why I would prefer if Ghostbusters 2 was a scarezone.

Also to add on, they could use a crashed ship for the titanic ghosts, a facade covered in slime, and maybe Vigo walking around with "On Our Own" playing in the background.

This ....this is why I would prefer if Ghostbusters 2 was a scarezone.

Also to add on, they could use a crashed ship for the titanic ghosts, a facade covered in slime, and maybe Vigo walking around with "On Our Own" playing in the background.

Has HHN ever done a house and zone overlap before? Pretty sure they at least haven’t since I’ve been going.

Has HHN ever done a house and zone overlap before? Pretty sure they at least haven’t since I’ve been going.

Wasn't there a Zombie zone and house connected somewhere in 18,19, or 20?

Zombiegeddon and Zombie Gras in 20. A parade float from Zombie Gras crashing into the wires powering the ZAP facility caused the power to go out and the zombies to break free.

In my favorite year, 18, Body Collectors and Scary Tales had their own zones that would lead into their entrance. :)

12 had zone-house combos for Jurrassic Park and Marvel.

And 15...well, almost the entire park overlapped.

2008 was designed so almost every zone overlapped thematically with a house.

Asylum in Wonderland & Path of the Wicked = Scary Tales
American Gothic = The Hollow
Streets of Blood = Body Collectors

Zombie Gras and ZombieGeddon was the tightest overlap they've done.

Asylum in Wonderland & Path of the Wicked & Fractured Tales= Scary Tales
American Gothic & Skoolhouse = The Hollow

Asylum in Wonderland & Path of the Wicked = Scary Tales
American Gothic = The Hollow

There were also mini scare zones to, with chainsaws in san fransico for doomsday, and zombies in the world expo are for dead exposure.