Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The more I think about this start, the more concerned about it I am. They barely got everything show ready in time last year, and that was with only four-six weeks between completing the full strike from 27 and starting prep for 28. With the likelihood of new locations, new lead designers, etc, there is absolutely NO cushion to adjust for any issues that may arise.
I’m worried about how this will affect the performers too. Finding people who have this kind of stamina, availability and the look to portray a certain character isn’t easy and adding an extra week won’t help. Will only add to the amount of people who quit.

I’m worried about how this will affect the performers too. Finding people who have this kind of stamina, availability and the look to portray a certain character isn’t easy and adding an extra week won’t help. Will only add to the amount of people who quit.
This too. Scareactors with a day job are going to be run ragged - if their employers will work with them for that long.

Nevermind wear and tear over that amount of time.

This too. Scareactors with a day job are going to be run ragged - if their employers will work with them for that long.

I wonder if they’ll hire two full casts and split the time? I have very little knowledge about how this process works, but I wonder if going longer will have to totally change the hiring process.

I would assume that's happening for Hollywood as-well..but a food for thought question, not pertaining towards Orlando per-say..but more Singapore.

How does THAT work? Because I would honestly wonder if they look from talent overseas on that front. I'd love to hear how they handled that, especially considering ST using Eleven in Singapore.

My concern, lies not to those in the mazes..but in the scarezones.

Work already underway for ST2 casting. Going off the lessons learned from HHN28, 29 will have an expanded cast for featured houses. Few more IPs ironing out now.

So Stranger Things 2 is getting its own solo house? It’s gonna be the least surprising announcement ever.

On another note I’m curious to see how they’ll handle Pinhead if Hellraiser comes since the makeup will take forever

What' up with the dumb font for the 29?

And don't tell me "tHEY hAVEN'T rELEASED a lOGO yET mY mANS."

Why be different and just use the font for 28 until an official logo is created?

What' up with the dumb font for the 29?

And don't tell me "tHEY hAVEN'T rELEASED a lOGO yET mY mANS."

Why be different and just use the font for 28 until an official logo is created?
That’s been the “standard” font for nearly a decade. They adjusted it last year with the tracking break to connect it to the VHS aesthetic they had going. It’s actually the same font, just with a visual flair.

This is how they do it. They revert to the generic brand marker (the “stupid font”) immediately after the event ends. In March/April they typically unveil the year-specific variation (and logo).

If you’re talking about the rotted pumpkin, that a year-specific graphic.

That’s been the “standard” font for nearly a decade. They adjusted it last year with the tracking break to connect it to the VHS aesthetic they had going. It’s actually the same font, just with a visual flair.

This is how they do it. They revert to the generic brand marker (the “stupid font”) immediately after the event ends. In March/April they typically unveil the year-specific variation (and logo).

If you’re talking about the rotted pumpkin, that a year-specific graphic.

Understandable! Thank you so much for the friendly and quick response! Have a great one!

Reactions: Legacy
Any of you think they're going to stick with the retro 80's theme this year?
Depends on the overall direction they go. I don't expect it to be so, "Remember the 80s were a thing!" as last year, but they may go with a period-centric sensibility again. They also may start building to 30 (if what I've heard comes to fruition).

But, hell, I'd love for them to go with a generic "cult" theme where everything has an ominous "Fun for the whole Family" tone.

Since everyone is so worried about it being family-friendly.