Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 318 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How's that?
It'll be at the event, they'll announce it at the event but it wouldn't have much merchandise for it, maybe just two shirts, one being on the house shirt and another probably just being the logo and font and HHN 2019 on the back. I mean they are selling somewhat Ghostbusters merch at Universal but still and also probably a poster, The Shining had gotten a poster, three shirts and I think that was it. They wouldn't use their likeness too, it'd be just probably Slimer or the Ghostbuster's logo.

No wonder we couldn’t pin the 3rd Headliner…

Also that “BIG IP” that was supposed to replace Graveyard, I think it was this.

Agreed. It seems likely that we were going to get 6 IPs this year, but with the loss of GoT, Graveyard has replaced it.

I am sure I remember comments from Legacy about an original possibly being cut if they nailed down something else.

Sorry guys, I need to catch up with this, cause this is overwhelming news. Is there a chance GOT could come next year, and is it supposed to be shared or exclusive?

Sorry guys, I need to catch up with this, cause this is overwhelming news. Is there a chance GOT could come next year, and is it supposed to be shared or exclusive?
I feel like this was probably their only opportunity and it just got squandered because of the leak.

Would have been shared based on Murdy's tweets.

I think it won't come next year it might be huge but I think the reason they wanted to do it this year was because of the Final season and now that the Show is over it's not as popular or relevant as when the show was going on.

I assume GOT was the big pitch meeting that was talked about.
No, I don't think that was Ghostbusters though, as much as you think about it, Ghostbusters definitely was probably going to be the big ip that was gonna be promoted more than Stranger Things.

I think it won't come next year it might be huge but I think the reason they wanted to do it this year was because of the Final season and now that the Show is over it's not as popular or relevant as when the show was going on.

It's also why they went after The Walking Dead years ago because they got it when it was at it's peak and had it till the show was slowly going down.

Last edited by a moderator:

GOT isn’t just going to fall off the map since the show is done. It has the books, prequel shows still on the way.

GOT isn’t just going to fall off the map since the show is done. It has the books, prequel shows still on the way.
And? HBO pulled out for a reason and I have doubts that they are gonna want to work with HHN after how HHN is unprofessional because their IPs leak (Ghostbusters Situation).

It'll be at the event, they'll announce it at the event but it wouldn't have much merchandise for it, maybe just two shirts, one being on the house shirt and another probably just being the logo and font and HHN 2019 on the back. I mean they are selling somewhat Ghostbusters merch at Universal but still and also probably a poster, The Shining had gotten a poster, three shirts and I think that was it. They wouldn't use their likeness too, it'd be just probably Slimer or the Ghostbuster's logo.
Oh, I doubt that the merch will be limited as they still sell some Ghostbusters merch in the stores. As long as the IP is in the event it's fine.

Yeah but you have people that only watched the show and others that read the books and the show lol currently, those people would have wanted it, but I don't think it might be awhile since we'll see it back, I mean I'm a fan of the show and I read the books, I'd love to see it happen but I think it was Universal's only shot this year to get it. If they get it at last minute next year, I'm on board for it.

Oh, I doubt that the merch will be limited as they still sell some Ghostbusters merch in the stores. As long as the IP is in the event it's fine.
That's what I'm saying, there will not be a lot of HHN Merch for Ghostbusters but regular Ghostbusters merch will be sold yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, Game Of Thrones, Ghostbusters, and Stranger Things?
This year would've been mega insane! If it was also coming to Hollywood, then what IP replaced, im gonna guess HOTC.

Metallica or Creepshow. House of 1000 Corpses is shared and Orlando paid $ for that house considering they have to bundle the RZ zone with it

Can't blame HBO if the house was going to be based on the 8th/final season. The Universal team would have to have access to huge spoilers and if they can't keep their secrets in house, that would be enough to rightfully scare them off. The house not "opening" until well after the season and series was over is a moot point.

I guess a "Best Of" GoT house is the lead contender for 2020 headliner.

Basically how it worked is that Ben leaked the maze at the end of the March (He was hinting it and I warned him not to leak it or hint it) didn't listen so it leaked and it got to social media on Twitter and Facebook and articles about it and because of that HBO saw that and didn't like that and pulled out.

Which is funny because if you look at the timeline it's he leaked Ghostbusters (End of March) > He puts out a apology about how he is done leaking stuff (In Mid April) Which is out of the ordinary for him considering last year he was trying to leak my info that I told him personally (And HHN Photos of inside the Mazes) and take info that I told him not to tell anyone and put it as his own (Including @Legacy as well) so something must have happened.

So what I'm trying to say is that thanks to Ben we won't be having Game of Thrones this year.
Who is Ben?

Reactions: JMalez