Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 342 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Man, I've always wanted to see Doom come to hhn. The demons look badass, and so does the setting. Doomslayer would be awesome to see him kill demons in cool ways like in the 2016 game.

Reactions: hhnlover
Can’t help but think at this point they may miss the big window they had to go gangbusters in theaters.
I could see it turning out like the Slenderman movie. No one really cared.

Speaking of which, I’m a little curious. Back in 2011-2012 speculation days, was there any discussion of the game Slender possibly coming? I can already assume nothing serious happened but does anyone remember if it was ever brought up in Blue Sky discussions or wishlists?

It was just such a flash in the pan game that was extremely popular for about a year before devolving into nothing. FNAF at least lasted a little longer in the public concious due to the insane amount of sequels. Slender is almost never brought up anymore (not without reason to be frank).

Reactions: Horror Lover
I could see it turning out like the Slenderman movie. No one really cared.

Speaking of which, I’m a little curious. Back in 2011-2012 speculation days, was there any discussion of the game Slender possibly coming? I can already assume nothing serious happened but does anyone remember if it was ever brought up in Blue Sky discussions or wishlists?

It was just such a flash in the pan game that was extremely popular for about a year before devolving into nothing. FNAF at least lasted a little longer in the public concious due to the insane amount of sequels. Slender is almost never brought up anymore (not without reason to be frank).

On the Hollywood side, I remember every other tweet to Murdy was some variation of "Slenderman at HHN!!"..

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I think slender could be done fairly well. Doubt it would ever happen but there is a little bit of potential

Slender Man had...potential. But I think he's kinda become a joke now, especially thanks to that shoddy years late film. YouTubers on a more limited budget portrayed that character better than major film execs. And also, I think it (as well as any internet property) would end up being very....divisive if it came to the event. So they probably won't.

Slender Man had...potential. But I think he's kinda become a joke now, especially thanks to that shoddy years late film. YouTubers on a more limited budget portrayed that character better than major film execs. And also, I think it (as well as any internet property) would end up being very....divisive if it came to the event. So they probably won't.

Plus the whole actual attempted murder thing tied to the character. Strikes me as too much in bad taste for Universal to go near that character.

For anyone still planning a trip-

I just cancelled 10/7-10/11 at Royal pacific and 10/14-10/18 at hard rock.
(Both are for 4 nights).

I recently moved my dates to September so I released these. Maybe someone can grab them if you are quick, they looked like busy, full hotel weeks. Good luck!

Edited to add: also, my late September hard rock room dropped $20 in just a couple days so I rebooked. I don't know if that means anything to anyone but there you go. Maybe a lighter than expected turnout?

Last edited: