Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Now that the remaining 3 IPs have been settled.
One scene i pray to be in Ghostbusters is walking through the apartment hallways (pic related) and get scared from the multiple doors by terror dogs and Dana, after that we go through Dana's appartment room followed by the Gozer final battle with stay puft and everything. Don't forget Winston popping up covered in marshmallow and screaming "I love this town!"

As long House of a thousand corpses features a good measure of the murder ride and an awesome museum facade, I'll be more than pleased.

While it's not my most anticipated, I am 80 percent confident Ghostbusters gets HoTY. Think about it: most of A&D is around the age of people that grew up with it so it's almost certainly their passion IP. It's going to be at the front of the park and it's a massively popular franchise, so I'm willing to bet the cast is going to have to work as many hours as Stranger Things will (which I'm guessing is what pushed it over Poltergeist last year).

Does anyone remember an early '80s movie called Pieces? I watched it back then, and just caught it again recently. I kind of think that could make a pretty good gory house along the lines of TCM. Anyone have any thoughts on that as a prospective future house/maze?

I think that's a bit too obscure for Horror Nights but who knows.

I think that's a bit too obscure for Horror Nights but who knows.

Yeah, maybe so. I just really like it's no-hold-barred gore and overall storyline. There's just a lot of inside scenes that take place that would make it a really good house imo. I mean, KKfOS isn't the most mainstream movie - us horror fans here know it obviously, but friends of mine that I mention it to are like "huh?". Idk just a thought. For anyone here that hasn't seen it, it's a pretty good and very gory '80s slasher film.

probably won't happen, but i'll like if they had a transition hallway designed to look like the overly large stairwell, with the team bantering above ("Well, when we get to twenty let me know. I'm gonna throw up."). then boom, have a giant stay puft hand come out through the wall.
Haha, that would be just the cherry on top. Wonder if Walter Peck is gonna be a scare.

Would be possible that Sid Haig records some new voice lines for the maze?

I mean Universal had a perfect opportunity to bring the Titans Of Terror to the event, I mean Hollywood's looked decent but I think we could have done it better and have added more like Pinhead and Ghostface or others, it'd be awesome to see it come to the fruition but its only a dream now.

I mean Universal had a perfect opportunity to bring the Titans Of Terror to the event, I mean Hollywood's looked decent but I think we could have done it better and have added more like Pinhead and Ghostface or others, it'd be awesome to see it come to the fruition but its only a dream now.

I'd prefer to see Pinhead and Ghostface get their own houses before any mashups happen that include them.

I'd prefer to see Pinhead and Ghostface get their own houses before any mashups happen that include them.
I could only seeing Pinhead being given his own house that's if Clive Barker approves which I wouldn't see why not because the man could work with Universal on some original ideas from his own mind like he had done with Hollywood back then, as for Scream, with the show up in the air, the films probably hard to catch without dealing with other bs, I don't see Scream coming to the event for awhile, it sucks that Hollywood only used the property as a Terror Tram attraction and not house.

I could only seeing Pinhead being given his own house that's if Clive Barker approves which I wouldn't see why not because the man could work with Universal on some original ideas from his own mind like he had done with Hollywood back then, as for Scream, with the show up in the air, the films probably hard to catch without dealing with other bs, I don't see Scream coming to the event for awhile, it sucks that Hollywood only used the property as a Terror Tram attraction and not house.

Do we know what's going on with TWC/Lantern Entertainment right now? I know they transferred their film library to a new company called "Spyglass Media," and Warner Brothers has a minority stake + first look deal with the company, but it seems like a completely new company with none of the old Weinstein people involved.

EDIT: I can't imagine a Scream sequel is far off, and the new owners might be more chill about an OG Scream house as long as they tack on the little Scream 5 teaser at the end or whatever.

Last edited:
Do we know what's going on with TWC/Lantern Entertainment right now? I know they transferred their film library to a new company called "Spyglass Media," and Warner Brothers has a minority stake + first look deal with the company, but it seems like a completely new company with none of the old Weinstein people involved.

EDIT: I can't imagine a Scream sequel is far off, and the new owners might be more chill about an OG Scream house as long as they tack on the little Scream 5 teaser at the end or whatever.

Well right now it looks Blumhouse is trying to be on the hunt to snag Scream which may or may not be unlikely who knows but if we do get a Scream house, I would not doubt it being a homage to all of the Scream films, the best of basically of all the Scream films, they'd probably want to commemorate all of the films and then throwing a Scream 5 teaser at the end, which I'd probably wouldn't mind because it would benefit I guess.

Well right now it looks Blumhouse is trying to be on the hunt to snag Scream which may or may not be unlikely who knows but if we do get a Scream house, I would not doubt it being a homage to all of the Scream films, the best of basically of all the Scream films, they'd probably want to commemorate all of the films and then throwing a Scream 5 teaser at the end, which I'd probably wouldn't mind because it would benefit I guess.

I'd honestly rather they do the Halloween thing where it's Scream 1 one year, then Scream 2 the next, then Scream 3+4 (mostly 4, since 3 was kinda godawful) and 5 for the final appearance. TBH I kinda hope they take their time with Scream, since blowing through it all in one maze seems like both a waste and a missed opportunity to give each movie their own space.

EDIT: whatever the case, Spyglass is the one that owns Scream now, so assuming Blumhouse can crack a deal with them, Uni is still going to have to communicate with Spyglass to some degree or another.

Last edited:
I'd honestly rather they do the Halloween thing where it's Scream 1 one year, then Scream 2 the next, then Scream 3+4 (mostly 4, since 3 was kinda godawful) and 5 for the final appearance. TBH I kinda hope they take their time with Scream, since blowing through it all in one maze seems like both a waste and a missed opportunity to give each movie their own space.

EDIT: whatever the case, Spyglass is the one that owns Scream now, so assuming Blumhouse can crack a deal with them, Uni is still going to have to communicate with Spyglass to some degree or another.

Yeah but I don't see Universal doing that, they'd probably just want one and done deal with just the original, they wanted to do the original as homage to Wes Craven as they had done with TCM for Tobe Hooper and then there was Freddy vs Jason which was to both Cunningham and Craven.