Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 398 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ignoring Hide & Shriek, and assuming the house is still called/connected to 'graveyard', in folklore salt is used to combat 'vengeful spirits'. Seems at least possible that this a house focused on ghosts/spirits and possibly include ghost hunters of some description.

However, Ghostbusters would make a house like that somewhat redundant this year.

America's largest cemetery is in Salt lake City, if anyone can make anything of that tenuous link!

Salting the earth, or sowing with salt, is the ritual of spreading salt on conquered cities to symbolize a curse on their re-inhabitation. It originated as a symbolic practice in the ancient Near East and became a well-established folkloric motif in the Middle Ages.

Is this heading in the wrong direction?

Reactions: soilsigh
I am seriously pretty excited about this year. I was originally pretty skeptical on a Ghostbusters house, but after a lot of thinking and of course Poltergeist last year, I think it could be fantastic.

Also maybe a part of me just really hopes they play the Ghostbusters theme at the house facade as you go in.

Also for some reason I can't get out of my head this image of the theme playing while we are outside the gate waiting to get in, and everyone at once says, "Ghostbusters" when that part of the song comes up. It won't happen...but I really want it too.

Graveyard: Eat & Sleep

Graveyard: Stay & Scream

Graveyard:...What Is It, Boy? Little Timmy's stuck in a well!?

I'm good now. Anyway this house does intrigue me though. It seemed to be more worth keeping than the house the Tooth Fairy was to be in. Makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve with this one. I mean the Tooth Fairy house sounded much more like a "safe" house if what Legacy said is true. So I am guessing this one is quite "different" I presume?