Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 399 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I suck at guessing names, but am bored in the waiting room for a Dr appointment. General guesses:
  • Graveyard: Ready or Not, Here They/We Come
  • Graveyard: From Beyond
  • Graveyard: Resurrection
  • Graveyard: Retribution
  • Graveyard: Vengeance
  • Graveyard: All Hallows Eve
  • Whistling Past the Graveyard

Based on the Asian myth
The traditional practice involved going to a cemetery at dusk. The salt seller then would have to stay until dawn--under no circumstances could they leave the cemetery until daybreak--if they did it meant certain death.
  • Graveyard: Salt Seller
  • Graveyard: Dusk Til Dawn
  • Graveyard: Merchant of Death
  • Graveyard: Survive The Night
  • Graveyard: Survive Until Daybreak
  • Graveyard: Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Do you guys think that since the next Halloween is coming out Fall 2020, we will have either Halloween 5 or Halloween(2018) come to HHn30?
If they do another Halloween house, they'd more or so likely want to do the current one but I think it's best for them to wait until the sequel to come out and then do both in one house rather than do one and wait couple more years down the line you know, as Halloween 5, I don't think they want to follow Halloween 5 all the way to H20 or Resurrection because as much as those films have haunted house-esque aspects, I mean they are not as memorable as what the other 4 were like. So hopefully they do Halloween 2018 and Halloween 2020 as one whole house one of these years coming up.

I think they might announce something before July 4th or probably afterward, I think this is probably A&D's break time for the time being with how the treat that Patrick and others put, I think they have pretty much everything organized as they want and it's just prepping the announcements plus Murdy stated something is coming, so I'm guessing we are just waiting for Hollywood's camp to put out something which will be probably a shared ip.

If they do another Halloween house, they'd more or so likely want to do the current one but I think it's best for them to wait until the sequel to come out and then do both in one house rather than do one and wait couple more years down the line you know, as Halloween 5, I don't think they want to follow Halloween 5 all the way to H20 or Resurrection because as much as those films have haunted house-esque aspects, I mean they are not as memorable as what the other 4 were like. So hopefully they do Halloween 2018 and Halloween 2020 as one whole house one of these years coming up.

I think they might announce something before July 4th or probably afterward, I think this is probably A&D's break time for the time being with how the treat that Patrick and others put, I think they have pretty much everything organized as they want and it's just prepping the announcements plus Murdy stated something is coming, so I'm guessing we are just waiting for Hollywood's camp to put out something which will be probably a shared ip.

I can't picture them doing Halloween 5 through Resurrection. Those were not well received by the fanbase. H20 to an extent but I admit I am not a fan of it personally.

I agree, I only liked Halloween up to 4 but they introduced the thorn angle and stuff like that, I really sorta lost interest a bit, even though I love Michael, I think some of those films weren't really necessary for the franchise, I'd sorta say the same for some of the Freddy films.

Reactions: Darko
I suck at guessing names, but am bored in the waiting room for a Dr appointment. General guesses:
  • Graveyard: Ready or Not, Here They/We Come
  • Graveyard: From Beyond
  • Graveyard: Resurrection
  • Graveyard: Retribution
  • Graveyard: Vengeance
  • Graveyard: All Hallows Eve
  • Whistling Past the Graveyard

Based on the Asian myth
The traditional practice involved going to a cemetery at dusk. The salt seller then would have to stay until dawn--under no circumstances could they leave the cemetery until daybreak--if they did it meant certain death.
  • Graveyard: Salt Seller
  • Graveyard: Dusk Til Dawn
  • Graveyard: Merchant of Death
  • Graveyard: Survive The Night
  • Graveyard: Survive Until Daybreak
  • Graveyard: Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Personally a fan of combining two of your names: Salt Seller: Merchant of Death

I agree, I only liked Halloween up to 4 but they introduced the thorn angle and stuff like that, I really sorta lost interest a bit, even though I love Michael, I think some of those films weren't really necessary for the franchise, I'd sorta say the same for some of the Freddy films.
Yeah the whole "thorn" thing lost me as well. Halloween 4 is my favorite sequel though. While the original TCM will always be my favorite, I do consider the original Halloween one of the single greatest horror movies ever conceived.

Yeah the whole "thorn" thing lost me as well. Halloween 4 is my favorite sequel though. While the original TCM will always be my favorite, I do consider the original Halloween one of the single greatest horror movies ever conceived.

Yeah, TCM was perfect, both versions at the event were awesome, I really wished they had taken an advantage in bringing TCM 2 to the event because it would have been so cool to see Drayton, Nubbins and Choptop at the event, would have been an awesome house as well. John Carpenter's Halloween is definitely a classic and as much as people would want to remake, they can never really capture the essential things from that film, they could only pretty much copy and paste and that's not fun in a film, it's timeless, everytime I've watched it, it still feels fresh in my mind and memorable. The fact that we had gotten Halloween, II and IV at the event it was perfect to see those films get their due at the event. Now if they can now give Hellraiser it's due.

Yeah, TCM was perfect, both versions at the event were awesome, I really wished they had taken an advantage in bringing TCM 2 to the event because it would have been so cool to see Drayton, Nubbins and Choptop at the event, would have been an awesome house as well. John Carpenter's Halloween is definitely a classic and as much as people would want to remake, they can never really capture the essential things from that film, they could only pretty much copy and paste and that's not fun in a film, it's timeless, everytime I've watched it, it still feels fresh in my mind and memorable. The fact that we had gotten Halloween, II and IV at the event it was perfect to see those films get their due at the event. Now if they can now give Hellraiser it's due.
Yeah I really want Hellraiser.

I loved TCM2, one seriously great sequel that decided to be different, rather than try to capture the original's magic. Instead, it conjured its own magic.

I think a big reason I respect Rob Zombie's Halloween films is that he did his own thing. In my eyes he respected the originals by not being like them. I mean he said it himself, he didn't come to anyone's house and destroy their old Halloween films. If people don't like his movies, just don't watch them.

But seriously TCM2 could make an excellent house.

HHN 29(Spec)

Dates 9/6 - 11/2(Confirmed)

IP houses:
1. Stranger Things 2&3(Confirmed)
2. Universal Monsters(Confirmed)
3. Killer Klownz
4. Ghostbusters
5. House of a 1000 Corpses
6. Us

Original houses:
1. Nightingales: Blood Pit(Confirmed)
2. Depths of Fear(Confirmed)
3. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon(Confirmed)
4. Graveyard: ???

Scarezones:
1. Anarch-ade
2. Zombieland
3. The music and films of Rob Zombie
4. Vikings
5. Plastic Surgery

Shows/entertainment:
1. Academy of Villains

Attractions:
1. Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket
2. Transformers
3. Revenge of the Mummy
4. Fast & Furious - Supercharge
5. Escape from Gringotts
6. Men In Black

So we have at least 6 announcements to go and we got 10 weeks until HHN starts.

Last edited: