Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 464 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As evidenced by the consistent two-three hour wait and all the repeat walkthroughs.....

Interesting perspective you have. I suspect there’s some kind of sample bias going in with your experience.

It seems the public as a whole couldn’t get enough of that house.

I personally reallyloved it. Not sure if that was a dig at me. You can look at my posts about it last year. I said the house was good enough to be an actual ride if they could have added ride cars for people to ride on.

But Didnt stranger things bring in more younger crowds?

I personally know some people who only went to HHN for Stranger Things.

On the other side, I officially decided to go to HHN after seeing the Ash Vs Evil Dead house. Lots of people are inspired to go to the event for specific IPs, but I do agree Stranger Things brought in a brand new crowd.

On the other side, I officially decided to go to HHN after seeing the Ash Vs Evil Dead house. Lots of people are inspired to go to the event for specific IPs, but I do agree Stranger Things brought in a brand new crowd.

AHS didn’t seem to be as big of a hit as Stranger Things was but I was blown away by 2016’s house. That + 27’s The Shining/Conjuring rumors got me to annually go to Hollywood’s(and if possible Orlando’s) yearly

The Penn and Teller house put HHN on my radar, and essentially led to us moving to Orlando, and it seems like everyone hated that house.

I personally know some people who only went to HHN for Stranger Things

EDIT: and to ride rides because an HHN ticket is cheaper than a normal day ticket.

EDIT: @Oakley, I'm really sorry. For whatever reason it sounded cool in my head--I knew very similar people and it just seemed less...redundant to type it out as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oakley
The Penn and Teller house put HHN on my radar, and essentially led to us moving to Orlando, and it seems like everyone hated that house.

Ill admit it i really didnt like it too much.
I was expecting something different from them.
But im glad you liked it

My dude- You could've said that in your message rather than editing mine like I had said it.
The person who I know only went for ST not to ride the rides because everything makes her sick.

Please don't put words into my mouth. Personally, I paid the money because "if I don't like it, I will just ride stuff" but I dont appreciate having someone put words into my mouth like you're mad I didn't say that.

Not tooth fairy getting purged, but what’s replacing tooth fairy

I'm curious, why do you think it's even a possibility that Us would get the quote on quote "Scream treatment"?

Scream was a case of Universal wanting to make a house based off the movies, Miramax wanted it based off the upcoming TV series, and Miramax pulling out of the contract because it's not what they wanted. An since they own the rights to the IP, bye-bye Scream.

Us is a case of them putting their own property in once they got the green light/rights to do so. An they pretty much replaced a original which wasn't as far into construction as the others, making it easier to change things.

The situation with Us is nothing like what happened with Scream/The Purge. An with Us being the replacement house, let alone a property that Uni themselves own, why would -that- be replaced?

I’ve stated before, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back on finally getting my daughter there at 13. Now we’re going back and she’s just as excited for stranger things as she is for ghostbusters. But if they didn’t do steamer things I don’t n is if I could have had her experience another house for her first time and ever have her go in a second one. ST was familiar and a great gateway house.

Stranger things and walking dead changed the event forever. It made a big impact. ( Im not even saying negative or positive. )
It just definitely changed how a lot of people saw the event and changed some of the crowds.
I know uni has always used movies and shows for houses, but these two shows definitely had a big impact on the event. Maybe more than anything else

After giving a watch after a while I’m surprised Universal never planned on ever bringing 30 Days Of Night to the event, the movie is perfect, The Cold, Snow, Vampires, many cool tricks they could do with flying vampires, a lot of nifty effects they could work with this movie as a house like they have done with Nightingales Blood Pit and a little bit of things they did with The Thing even if they wanted to, doing an original with this concept would still be cool to see A&D come up with

Reactions: Lucky Planet
After giving a watch after a while I’m surprised Universal never planned on ever bringing 30 Days Of Night to the event, the movie is perfect, The Cold, Snow, Vampires, many cool tricks they could do with flying vampires, a lot of nifty effects they could work with this movie as a house like they have done with Nightingales Blood Pit and a little bit of things they did with The Thing even if they wanted to, doing an original with this concept would still be cool to see A&D come up with
Because the movie came out in 2007, it wouldn't have really been on their radar until planning for 2008. They film didn't do well enough for consideration, and they were still focused more on 1st party IPs for the event (save the exceptionally popular).

Roddy was still leading the event at the time, too, and has a deeper inclination to original ideas over IPs.

Stranger things and walking dead changed the event forever. It made a big impact. ( Im not even saying negative or positive. )
It just definitely changed how a lot of people saw the event and changed some of the crowds.
I know uni has always used movies and shows for houses, but these two shows definitely had a big impact on the event. Maybe more than anything else

I am not sure of the demographics on this board, but I am a father of two: 12 and 14, and having Stranger Things was the nudge my kids needed to want to come. They are coming again this year. I agree that Stranger Things changed the trajectory from what I see. I did not live through the Walking Dead years so I don't know what that did to the event. Stranger Things probably made the event more accessible and attractive to a far wider audience.

There are pivotal moments in the event, of argue those two plus Jack were the most trajectory changing things.