Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Spaulding

Jan 23, 2019
This is how dumb their social media marketing is. 1) They’re sending out a crossword puzzle for a Halloween event. 2) It’s saying “Run For Your Life” but if you run at the event, you’re gonna get yelled at by ops to walk.
:oO: Hoping this is sarcasm. The crossword is just a marketing team doing what marketing does, building hype for a product. They used a phrase common to the horror genre.
It's clearly not them suggesting people actually try running at the event.

Were Snickers expecting people to jump on rooftops like ninjas after their last ad?

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
:oO: Hoping this is sarcasm. The crossword is just a marketing team doing what marketing does, building hype for a product. They used a phrase common to the horror genre.

Were Snickers expecting people to jump on rooftops like ninjas after their last ad?
You’re definitely reading way too much into it. It was meant to be a joke.

Oakley

Rookie
Feb 3, 2019

Or what about a throwback to those airhead commercials where people's heads would blow up...
Really my dude? You're letting a CROSSWORD PUZZLE get you this worked up? I wouldn't call their social media marketing dumb. I liked it. I'd rather see that than absolute dead silence.

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
Or what about a throwback to those airhead commercials where people's heads would blow up...
Really my dude? You're letting a CROSSWORD PUZZLE get you this worked up? I wouldn't call their social media marketing dumb. I liked it. I'd rather see that than absolute dead silence.
I’m not worked up. It was a joke. If you tried running at the event you’d get yelled at to walk. Pointing out the irony.

And IDK their marketing isn’t what it used to be, so you could say it is dumber now. But I’m not opening that can of worms.

NathanC

Rookie
Aug 5, 2019
Michigan
I’m not worked up. It was a joke. If you tried running at the event you’d get yelled at to walk. Pointing out the irony.

And IDK their marketing isn’t what it used to be, so you could say it is dumber now. But I’m not opening that can of worms.
You "aren't opening that can of worms" after you JUST said how dumb it is. Doublespeak at its finest.

Reactions: Joe

JawsVictim

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2015
You "aren't opening that can of worms" after you JUST said how dumb it is. Doublespeak at its finest.
It hasn’t been opened because I’m not pushing the talking points forward with examples and furthering my opinion. We all know the examples and I’m sure people are tired of the debate.

Totally forgot the difference between crossword and word search! Been a long time since I’ve done either.

DannyPowers

Veteran Member
Apr 29, 2016
In actual realism, knowing Mike Aiello’s love of wrestling and WWE, I wouldn’t be surprised if some kind of Fiend cameo got snuck in somewhere this year or next year.
I'm on a full-on mission to get a Firefly Funhouse house brought to the event. Bray has mentioned that he'd like to do one, it would bring in the Wrestling fans that don't already attend, let's get it done.