What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Same. I didn’t even like that album until experiencing it through the zone. I swear, I listened to it a dozen times when I got back home.

Seeing all the military girls dancing to the songs helps people like it a lot too lol.
I know of non metal fans that are becoming fans of this album because of the dancers lol. Or other girls mentioning that they wanna dress like them for the 31st lol.

Rob Zombie and Hellbilly Deluxe deserve a house or to come back as a zone in another area of the park with bigger props and more costumes.
even if a Hellbilly Deluxe house wont be as fun as the street was, i think it still could be amazing as a house that incorporates more stuff from his videos and more stuff from the artwork of the CD booklet,

I love this zone, but man.... I don't know if it'll work as a house at all.

Seeing all the military girls dancing to the songs helps people like it a lot too lol.
I know of non metal fans that are becoming fans of this album because of the dancers lol. Or other girls mentioning that they wanna dress like them for the 31st lol.

Well, yeah I was immediately hypnotized by the dancers. But more importantly is that while I was distracted the scare actors on the ground seized the opportunity and got me good.

I mentioned this in the zone’s thread, but Hellbilly Deluxe has great kinetic energy. The flames, projections, lights, music, dancers, stages, and roaming scare actors create a visceral experience. I also really like how different show elements occur during each song. Hope they take the hint and design more scarezones like this in the future.

I love this zone, but man.... I don't know if it'll work as a house at all.

Well rob zombie had made a house for Hollywood back in the early 2000s, i dont know what it had inside but im sure they could pull more stuff from his art and ideas hes had on his videos.

It could definitely work as a general "the mind of rob zombie" based on all his works.
Im sure Rob has hundreds of artworks for all his albums and probably has dozens of concepts for the rooms that creative can take from.
Rob Zombie has enough experience with haunted mazes that i think they could come up with an amazing house

Well rob zombie had made a house for Hollywood back in the early 2000s, i dont know what it had inside but im sure they could pull more stuff from his art and ideas hes had on his videos.

It could definitely work as a general "the mind of rob zombie" based on all his works.
Im sure Rob has hundreds of artworks for all his albums and probably has dozens of concepts for the rooms that creative can take from.
Rob Zombie has enough experience with haunted mazes that i think they could come up with an amazing house

Yea. That house was House of 1000 Corpses :lol:

wasnt there another one? i think he worked on something before the old House of 1000 Corpses
didnt he do something for uni besides corpses?

Yeah, there was the year before in 1999.

I thought you meant in regards to turning Hellbilly Deluxe into a proper house. A "Rob Zombie presents" original house wouldn't be a bad idea for a concept. The question then becomes if that's something HHN Creative is interested in.

I thought you meant in regards to turning Hellbilly Deluxe into a proper house. A "Rob Zombie presents" original house wouldn't be a bad idea for a concept. The question then becomes if that's something HHN Creative is interested in.

I think the answer to that is pretty clear, with the love they showed Hellbilly. We're not talking Alice Cooper or Iron Maiden, where the visual connection would really be kind of tenuous. Zombie's stuff is intensely visual to begin with.

it could be both, bring back the music and the characters, adapt the hellbilly deluxe videos, but fill the rest of the house with stuff hes used on concerts and create monsters out of his artwork and promo images and stuff. im sure rob could have dozens of ideas that could involve the hellbilly album

it could be both, bring back the music and the characters, adapt the hellbilly deluxe videos, but fill the rest of the house with stuff hes used on concerts and create monsters out of his artwork and promo images and stuff. im sure rob could have dozens of ideas that could involve the hellbilly album
I'm still holding out to see El Superbeasto at HHN. I don't want to have to buy a white ice cream suit and a Lucha mask and do it myself.

theres so much they can do with rob zombie lol they can just borrow this

That's what I've been saying before, Rob'z Great American Nightmare event was super cool, when I got to experience in Illinois there was Haunting World of EL Superbeasto house, The Devil's Rejects, his recent film at the time 31 which was very different from the film and I think how he originally intended to make the film feel like, Lords Of Salem wearing a black cloak over your face and hearing these eerie sounds and stuff, sorta like walking through the dark room in Graveyard Games but the event was really cool, hope we get something from Rob again. :)

Just a remark on ops ... I will have attended 20+ nights this year.

Its subjective and varies from house to house and employee to employee, but I have found them to be less aggressive the past couple of weeks. Especially in Stranger Things an Ghostbusters. IDK maybe I’m just used to it now? However, my experience has been much better.

I will say that they were brutal IMO in September. To the point where it was pretty much the only negative feedback I provided on the survey this year. Completely ruined numerous runs for our party.

The notion that somehow the safety of the scare actors is linked to brain dead employees blindly yelling and gesturing at guests (who are already pretty much touching each other in a conga line) is laughable. This is just poor training and/or supervision plain and simple.

The notion that somehow the safety of the scare actors is linked to brain dead employees blindly yelling and gesturing at guests (who are already pretty much touching each other in a conga line) is laughable. This is just poor training and/or supervision plain and simple.
The problem is that it’s a reality. Scareactor safety lies in either their own hands or the hands of ops in houses. That’s it. No one will get talked to by security without one of those two reporting something quickly.

The problem is that it’s a reality. Scareactor safety lies in either their own hands or the hands of ops in houses. That’s it. No one will get talked to by security without one of those two reporting something quickly.

Never had Ops help with an incident involving a guest. It was always myself running to the end of the house to flag down the coordinators or ASM. If anything, Ops got in the way more often than they helped.

Never had Ops help with an incident involving a guest. It was always myself running to the end of the house to flag down the coordinators or ASM. If anything, Ops got in the way more often than they helped.
I’m not gonna pretend they’re amazing or something that I would count on (if you want something done, gotta take care of it yourself), but at worst they are a witness and there is times where a GOOD ops person will witness something and run to the end to spot the person. It does happen.