Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

hishedale

Veteran Member
Mar 16, 2016
42.4347° N, 83.9850° W
Didn’t feel as busy as when I went on the 17th, but all the houses had evenly distributed high wait times when I looked. We were able to do HO1C stay and scream and Ghostbusters and that’s it. Also interesting thing, on my way out, I got stopped quickly by a security worker for having one of those Duff energy drinks. To my knowledge they don’t sell canned Duff beer, so it was kinda funny.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
I attended the final night of 2014 and it was mild. I performed the final night of 2017 and it was slammed. Also heard last year’s final night was packed too.
2016 and 2017 was nuts - BUT - those all had caveats. UCF Nights. Makeup days for hurricanes. Last Bill and Ted.

Last year was definitely better but not dead.

JawsVictim

Nov 3, 2015
Academy of Villains worth seeing this year? It’s the only thing I didn’t see in Sept. I didn’t care for last year’s show, or the year before, but enjoyed it in 2016.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Academy of Villains worth seeing this year? It’s the only thing I didn’t see in Sept. I didn’t care for last year’s show, or the year before, but enjoyed it in 2016.
Yes. I would definitely go check it out. Much better than last year, imo.
Agreed wtih snayberry. A few things don't work, but overall - a very entertaining effort.

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
*flips coin*

that’s my best answer.
I lean toward busy just because of the TM blackouts (I'm assuming they are lifted). A lot of TMs didn't get their full fix this month, and a lot probably still have guest tickets they never used. But everything could be 20 minutes and it wouldn't shock me either. This year has been rough to predict--still trying to figure out last Wednesday.

JawsVictim

Nov 3, 2015
Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll be sure to check it out. Apparently RIP gets priority seating the first and last show of the evening. Can’t wait to see the lagoon show again too!