What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

Never had Ops help with an incident involving a guest. It was always myself running to the end of the house to flag down the coordinators or ASM. If anything, Ops got in the way more often than they helped.

I’m not gonna pretend they’re amazing or something that I would count on (if you want something done, gotta take care of it yourself), but at worst they are a witness and there is times where a GOOD ops person will witness something and run to the end to spot the person. It does happen.

if anything their presence works as a reminder for people to behave and as a reminder that you are being watched, their presence alone is probably keeping a few people from going crazy. maybe not everyone, but Ops at least show the idea of there being Some security at the park.

Last edited:
I feel like I need to say this. Killer Klowns is easily one of the funnest houses I have ever done since I've been attending this event. I was one of those people who were skeptical that it would work as a house. But man, did they blow my fears away. Easily one of my favorites this year. Every time I went through it, I had a blast. And Klownzilla... just wow. And that first real room with the alley from the film, holy crap, how did they fit any of that into Shrek!?

Last edited:
Haven’t been able to go this year because of budgetary issues, but I’m really upset that Vanity Ball has downgraded significantly. Was super excited for it due to its lean into queer themes but now it just seems like a slap in the face and a huge demonization of us :(

How's it been downgraded?

I feel like I need to say this. Killer Klowns is easily on of the funnest houses I have ever done since I've been attending this event. I was one of those people who were skeptical that it would work as a house. But man, did they blow my fears away. Easily one of my favorites this year. Every time I went through it, I had a blast. And Klownzilla... just wow. And that first real room with the alley from the film, holy crap, how did they fit any of that into Shrek!?

I also doubted it, and the movie is one horrible pile of something, but it was easily one of the funnest houses for us, and we did it two times in a row because it was so awesome. Would have been 3 if lines weren’t starting to grow for other houses.

Really well done all around.

I finish my second night last night and at first the event felt meh but subsequent runs through the houses made me really enjoy this year’s line up. Depths of Fear has been an early surprise of fun and Universal Monsters absolutely crushes everything with its designs and energy.

I also doubted it, and the movie is one horrible pile of something, but it was easily one of the funnest houses for us, and we did it two times in a row because it was so awesome. Would have been 3 if lines weren’t starting to grow for other houses.

Really well done all around.
I disagree with your opinion on the movie, but yes, the house was amazing.

Never really had an issue with Ops in the house but one thing that has always annoyed me is when they are trying to usher you forward but the line has stopped about 40 people ahead.

Yes I get you have a job to do but unless I physically enter the person in front of me I cant move any further forward so stop waving me on until the line starts moving again.

Never really had an issue with Ops in the house but one thing that has always annoyed me is when they are trying to usher you forward but the line has stopped about 40 people ahead.

Yes I get you have a job to do but unless I physically enter the person in front of me I cant move any further forward so stop waving me on until the line starts moving again.

Or when theres no one in front of you and they bother you to move faster lol

*cries in commemorative button*

I had to laugh when our guide was yammering on about the button. It’s cool for sure, but come on ... you went from a lanyard to a freaking button!!!

The problem is that it’s a reality. Scareactor safety lies in either their own hands or the hands of ops in houses. That’s it. No one will get talked to by security without one of those two reporting something quickly.

I dont deny that Ops in a house is a necessity for the safety of the cast. I wouldn’t want to see Ops disappear! There are too many drunk guests and idiots that would destroy props / harass the cast etc.

I’m just not buying that they need to be inserting themselves into the flow of a house and interfering with scares when there is nowhere to go! Stay quiet. Stand there. Be ready. Act if necessary. But don’t get in my face gesturing and barking when we are shoulder to shoulder with other guests!

Look even in its current form I will keep coming back. It doesn’t ruin the event - I just think there is room for improvement w/o compromising the safety of the cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont deny that Ops in a house is a necessity for the safety of the cast. I wouldn’t want to see Ops disappear! There are too many drunk guests and idiots that would destroy props / harass the cast etc.

I’m just not buying that they need to be inserting themselves into the flow of a house and interfering with scares when there is nowhere to go! Stay quiet. Stand there. Be ready. Act if necessary. But don’t get in my face gesturing and barking when we are shoulder to shoulder with other guests!

Look even in its current form I will keep coming back. It doesn’t ruin the event - I just think there is room for improvement w/o compromising the safety of the cast.

sometimes i wonder if they over do it out of boredom or desperation.
they dont get to scare anyone and get to stand there while hundreds of faceless people pass by lol

Just as an update, Monsters ops have really calmed down. They’ve only had a few standout moments, but now they’re so chill. Honestly, if they weren’t recognizing that the guest getting involved with all of this interaction is me, it would be almost concerning how little they respond. Each weekend, the cast gets a little more bold with what they’re willing to do to me, and ops just lets it happen. Sometimes the scareactor will stop me for an interaction if no one’s behind me, and even then, ops stays back.

No issues with ops last night, and I went through Monsters, Corpses, Yeti, and Klowns. Maybe as a whole they’re adapting.

After the event I’m going to finally write up an actual review, but all I’ve been thinking about lately is the inconsistency of the whole event. I don’t want to call it a disaster, because it’s not a bad sort of inconsistency, necessarily; it’s just unpredictable and everything keeps changing seemingly night by night. The whole show is on its head compared to opening night.

Is the day after Halloween (this Friday) usually busy? ( I’m probably trying to choose between Wednesday or Friday as my last day but I don’t know if it’s going to be any difference)