Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Blumhouse has no incentive to allow their properties to be lumped in with other properties when there is precedent for them to get their own house.

Do you know where Blumhouse 2 ended up on poll Rankings last year? That seemed to be the unanimous last place but it did get decent crowds and the HDD part got pretty good reviews

Last edited:
Reactions: truejonas
I was floored when I saw it. As grand as big facades are, they feel like empty space to me.

Scary Tales didn’t feel like a waste because it was a full scene. Most facades are a preamble to the action; the witch’s flight and spell was highly entertaining.

Do you know where Blumhouse 2 ended up on poll Rankings last year? That seemed to be the unanimous last place but it did get decent crowds and the HDD part got pretty good reviews

The general online consensus seemed to make it the worst of the lot last year. Dunno what guest surveys said. I was impressed by the quality of the sets in HoB2 versus HoB1, but the scares were missing.

The general online consensus seemed to make it the worst of the lot last year. Dunno what guest surveys said. I was impressed by the quality of the sets in HoB2 versus HoB1, but the scares were missing.

Very true about the sets; didn’t even feel like the MiB Tent. If they could make one that combined the scares of the 1st with the sets of the 2nd it could be an easy HotY. I really hope they can reuse that effect from the Sinister 2 section of HoB, it was probably the scariest thing in a house I’ve seen

Wonder if we’ll see a Horrors of Blumhouse 3.0 for 29 or if they’ll retire the maze series. On the Hollywood thread we were speculating a HoB 3 ft Us and HDD, but if Orlando gets Silver Screams 2 I could see that house being a mix of classic properties and Blumhouse properties

I can agree with Legacy that Blumhouse probably wouldn't combine their works...but at the same time, mixing the classics with modern horror (even going beyond Blumhouse) would be an interesting take. You could walk forwards through the earliest of horror movies, all the way up to the most recent. A love letter to horror, if you would.

Kid popped out with a camera which was the only thing lighting the room, lights go out, blue lights come on and 3 Bughuuls popped out at once in that cramped hallway

Gotcha. The hallway scene. It wasn’t so much an effect as it was good timing on the part of the scareactors and show direction. There were two Bughuuls that had access to three doors. They and the camera kid would time out the scare based on audio cues.

Reactions: horrornights789
Gotcha. The hallway scene. It wasn’t so much an effect as it was good timing on the part of the scareactors and show direction. There were two Bughuuls that had access to three doors. They and the camera kid would time out the scare based on audio cues.

Actually? I always thought the scene was designed to be like that. Blumhouse 1 was such a good maze, if Ouija hadn’t been scrapped it would’ve been even better

I would have preferred an entire house based on Sinister.

Would probably be made in the same vein as SAW, but instead of the traps it’d be the home movies. If Blumhouse ever follows through on the Sinister x Insidious crossover they’ll need to bring it to HHN.

Edit - In hindsight I’m still surprised 27 was as good as it was. So many rights arguments, 2 pretty noticeable IP losses, the Marketing vs A.D. over the theme, Blood getting shoved out of Blood and Bone, and then Irma on top of all of that.

Actually? I always thought the scene was designed to be like that. Blumhouse 1 was such a good maze, if Ouija hadn’t been scrapped it would’ve been even better

I don’t understand the first part of your post. Did you know that was the scare, or surprised? I ended up enjoying the Purged section due to the scareactors’ energy. They were all very aggressive and in your face. Also enjoyed the projection of the head getting stabbed.

Getting back on topic...fingers crossed this is a Purge free year! :eek:O:

Reactions: horrornights789
I don’t understand the first part of your post. Did you know that was the scare, or surprised? I ended up enjoying the Purged section due to the scareactors’ energy. They were all very aggressive and in your face. Also enjoyed the projection of the head getting stabbed.

Getting back on topic...fingers crossed this is a Purge free year! :eek:O:

I thought the scene was always meant to be that synchronized, I didn’t know that it was the actors decision to make it as linear as it was. And yes we need to Purge the Purge but they’ll probably sneak the TV Show into the event in some manner, my guess is a SZ or a roaming horde.

Reactions: JawsVictim
So basically.. if the SS's weren't being used for other things, there could be a LOT of houses in just the soundstages!

I'd wager the most amount of houses you'd want in that area is 5 total... maybe 6, but that's really pushing it. Not when there is other real estate in the park to be used instead (both parade buildings, sprung tents, etc.)

Think of the queue lines!

I'd wager the most amount of houses you'd want in that area is 5 total... maybe 6, but that's really pushing it. Not when there is other real estate in the park to be used instead (both parade buildings, sprung tents, etc.)

Yup. And keep in mind scare actor paths needed.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not when there is other real estate in the park to be used instead (both parade buildings, sprung tents, etc.)

If KidZone does end up in construction by the time HHN rolls around, there won't be any parade building houses next year due to no space for the queues. With both of them out of contention, it lines up with the rumors of them having to really find new house locations for 2019.

Last edited:
It's inevitable. And I was told up to three locations from 28 won't be available.

How are they going to do it without 2 parks? I mean usf only has so much space, and the informed consensus is saying 11 mazes is on the table. So theyre gonna add 2 and maybe lose 3 spaces? Wow.

A soundstage for gate 4 testing, Kidzone parade buildings, and Shrek?

Potentially the spot behind MIB for staging maybe
That soundstage is already unavailable.

And there’s a surprising amount of space... this was literally something I just threw together. I may do up a new one that’s more thought out.

Here are some of my best guesses (from a few months back). They’ll put up more tents, from my understanding (since the Park has to rent space from Production when using the soundstages - except 33). So, if there’s space for a tent, there’s space for a house.

Fear Factor is dedicated to AoV though. Once I learned the GSATs for 2018, I realized there’s no chance it won’t come back.

Houses.