Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bringing back to SZs real quick, people are saying that these are some of the weakest ideas since 2013...did those people forget that 2017 was a thing?

Beetlejuice would be awesome as a show, AOV would be fine too, but I’d like to see something different this year.
I really don’t see the problem with the speculated zones. Zombieland is a good IP for a zone. Vikings I have no issue with and should provide decent set pieces and costumes. Have to see plastic surgery, but can go well. Arcade based sounds very interesting to me. Only iffy one is Rob Zombie since I don’t really care much about him or his movie/music.

Bringing back to SZs real quick, people are saying that these are some of the weakest ideas since 2013...did those people forget that 2017 was a thing?

I'm not sure 2017 is the best example, since anticipation-wise I do recall people being fairly excited for the zones. Especially Invasion! which had a LOT of SZ hype amongst fans. Now execution of said zones in 2017 was a different story, but in terms of anticipation/interest, right now people were more excited for 2017's zones than this years.

Naturally, it can all change once things are announced and info is released. Better yet, it can also change when the props come out. Since last year Twisted Traditions went from "Another PUMPKIN zone?..." to "Pumpkins? F*** YEAH!!!" the moment the street got dressed.

What does anyone think that anarch-cade scare zone could be like? That’s the only one that confuses me.
Hopefully some kinda evil video game character zone. If they are going for IPs, I hope some Mortal Kombat people are included. More likely, it'll be twisted versions of well known characters like the Chucky zone last year.

What does anyone think that anarch-cade scare zone could be like? That’s the only one that confuses me.

My guess is that it will be our front “preview” scarezone between Shrek and DM, with arcade games set up to represent the event’s IP houses. Kind of like The Harvest last year, which had its own theme but still featured props from the 5 IP houses.

My guess is that it will be our front “preview” scarezone between Shrek and DM, with arcade games set up to represent the event’s IP houses. Kind of like The Harvest last year, which had its own theme but still featured props from the 5 IP houses.
or like hhn 27 altars of horror
Hopefully some kinda evil video game character zone. If they are going for IPs, I hope some Mortal Kombat people are included. More likely, it'll be twisted versions of well known characters like the Chucky zone last year.
i like this idea espaally when mortal kombat has tons of villens that could fit the hhn feel

Last edited:
If Anarch-ade is an arcade zone (which is looking more likely), it’s either going to feature original send-ups of video game characters (similar to Chucky last year), or characters from all the houses (like Harvest).

It won’t feature characters from actual video games.

If Anarch-ade is an arcade zone (which is looking more likely), it’s either going to feature original send-ups of video game characters (similar to Chucky last year), or characters from all the houses (like Harvest).

It won’t feature characters from actual video games.
Makes sense. Why would they spend the money? Parody means you can do any of the archetypes for free

Didn't they do that every year with the Bill and Ted show?

Parodies of parodies

That's just normal parody. I'm talking doing a parody of a property that's already a parody of something else (GPKs already being a parody of Cabbage Patch Kids).

It doesn't really matter. I just thought it was kind of odd.

Reactions: Robert Bliss
That's just normal parody. I'm talking doing a parody of a property that's already a parody of something else (GPKs already being a parody of Cabbage Patch Kids).

It doesn't really matter. I just thought it was kind of odd.
I was specifically thinking of the Sean Spicer thing, but that would be an NBC property anyway, I guess.

Reactions: DannyPowers