Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

I mean, it was said before the event last year that Stranger Things would receive reviews "similar to Silent Hill"--in other words, that it would be a big disappointment to fans of the show. That obviously did not happen.

I mean, it was said before the event last year that Stranger Things would receive reviews "similar to Silent Hill"--in other words, that it would disappoint fans of the show. That obviously did not happen.
Idk dude a lot of people seemed to hate stranger things house last year for some reason.

Idk dude a lot of people seemed to hate stranger things house last year for some reason.

I don't mean die-hard fans of the event who believed it was too family friendly. I'm talking GP who were brought in by the property. From the description of it Legacy posted before the event, it sounded like THOSE people would come away monumentally disappointed.

As an HHN fan, I agree with the "too family friendly" sentiment--though I think this year's will be more intense. However, as a fan of the show I had a lot of fun with the house. Helped that I went through with a group.

I don't mean die-hard fans of the event who believed it was too family friendly. I'm talking GP who were brought in by the property. From the description of it Legacy posted before the event, it sounded like THOSE people would come away monumentally disappointed.

As an HHN fan, I agree with the "too family friendly" sentiment. However, as a fan of the show I had a lot of fun with the house. Helped that I went through with a group.

I don’t build house expectations off behind the scenes, lights off details.

I build them starting with the details I actually see myself from lights on reviews, and then have my own runthrough.

There was so many good scenes in the Monster mazes that year. The flying brides and the "squeezinart" in Dracula, the hook scare and heart rip in Frankenstein, and the transformation and finale scene in The Wolfman. If they bring those scenes back, im not complaining.

Exactly! Reusing stuff is the least if my worry for the house. If anything i would be really happy if they bring stuff like those scenes back.

As an HHN fan, I agree with the "too family friendly" sentiment--though I think this year's will be more intense. However, as a fan of the show I had a lot of fun with the house. Helped that I went through with a group.
That was my fairly, defacto, stance on Stranger Things. And I don't necessarily retract it. People where listing a slew of scenes in anticipation - and my point was that there wasn't that much to the house. My opinion was also established before Netflix approved lookalikes.

Regarding Monsters - there's only one IP I keep hearing get preliminary praise: Ghostbusters. There's only one original I am similarly hearing praise for: Graveyard.

That was my fairly, defacto, stance on Stranger Things. And I don't necessarily retract it. People where listing a slew of scenes in anticipation - and my point was that there wasn't that much to the house. My opinion was also established before Netflix approved lookalikes.

Regarding Monsters - there's only one IP I keep hearing get preliminary praise: Ghostbusters. There's only one original I am similarly hearing praise for: Graveyard.

I do not expect Depths of Fear to be well received based off of what you have said--

the scare actors being almost entirely infected lab researchers and not aliens

--but I don't care. As long as Nightingales and Ghostbusters are well received I'll be happy. :)

Last edited:
Actually the 7 night full week rates are even lower;
I got 10 night at sapphire for 135. Wanted HR but trying to get AP rate their is very difficult.
Also, they changed their 7 day stay and save rate from 35% down to 30% this year.
Cabana 98
Aventure 98
Sapphire 130
Royal 199

Are you their the first 2-3 weeks in Sept?

Tuesday-Friday, week of 9/25ish

Looking at the HHN subreddit (among...other places), I see a good deal of resentment towards the Vikings zone. Do people really want to see the same thing over and over?

Judging by The Lion King remake killing at the box office, I know the answer to that question is yes. :'(

I just don’t think “prelim praise” matters that much. The house may not even be done yet. How a house “looks” on first creation may be entirely different depending on how the cast put into it jives with it

There is some truth to this. Last year, I heard a few people say Poltergeist may not live up to the hype. (Admittedly, they did say once sound and lighting came into play, it could impact that)