Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 468 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone hear that the graveyard house is like a retelling or loose sequel to a house from a while ago? Wondering what that will be

Anyone hear that the graveyard house is like a retelling or loose sequel to a house from a while ago? Wondering what that will be

Depends on which house from a “while ago” you mean. I wouldn’t be surprised if just because of the similar setting there was like a Winter’s Night callback of sort.

Reactions: johnathanm
I said many pages ago that Ghost in the Graveyard sounded like a sorta successor to Winter's Night and I was told that I was wrong. I swear if it is a sorta thematic successor, y'all suck. But I love this forum...but y'all suck.

Seriously though I can't wait for the scare zones to start taking shape.

I said many pages ago that Ghost in the Graveyard sounded like a sorta successor to Winter's Night and I was told that I was wrong. I swear if it is a sorta thematic successor, y'all suck. But I love this forum...but y'all suck.

Seriously though I can't wait for the scare zones to start taking shape.

Well in fairness, sequel and spiritual sequel are different.

I believe the story goes, Creative structured the event around The Caretaker, but Marketing didn't want him and claimed that Icons are not popular.

Cut to Marketing creating the character of Bones (and I think a second person) and forcing them on Creative.

Creative didn't play along in the sense that they didn't build an event around him/them, but Bones still managed to be in the zone and Marketing named the zone.

Creative then used his popularity as evidence that Icons can work.

If I recall correctly that was the gist of the story, but @Legacy would probably have more details.
Replace the word Creative with Art and Design.

First is accurate. A&D refused to let Marketing use Bone as an icon.

And if I'm correct, I'm pretty sure the second "icon" was like Blood or something. He didn't even make it to the park for...reasons I forget, if they were even stated.

Since I remember there was a brief thing where Festival was gonna be one of those complete character switch zones, in the vein of the ANDI switch from 25.

I believe the story goes, Creative structured the event around The Caretaker, but Marketing didn't want him and claimed that Icons are not popular.

Cut to Marketing creating the character of Bones (and I think a second person) and forcing them on Creative.

Creative didn't play along in the sense that they didn't build an event around him/them, but Bones still managed to be in the zone and Marketing named the zone.

Creative then used his popularity as evidence that Icons can work.

If I recall correctly that was the gist of the story, but @Legacy would probably have more details.

Thank you. Ill save this post. Very excellent

Can I assume Ghost in the Graveyard is the next announcement based off the HHN twitter? I am probably very wrong, but mentioning tombstones seem like a curious choice. More than likely I am now looking way too much into this. Could be a Corpses announcement as well.

I figured they would save Us for last.

I don't have any info here, but I wouldn't be shocked if it drew from The Skoolhouse or OrFanage (not Cindy, but the kids) plotlines.

All I hope for it is that it’ll match the tone and atmosphere that The Orfanage had. Such an underrated gem

Couldn't agree more. I was one of the few outspoken champions of that house at the time... it truly got under my skin in a way most houses just don't.

With everything that's been mentioned so far with GitG (Kids playing in a graveyard), that just sounds right at home with the likes of the Skoolhouse and Orfanage. I'm in the same boat that hopes this house will have that kind of vibe, since a good atmospheric creep house is vastly overlooked and underrated. Straight up scares are always fine and dandy, but creep can get under your skin and stick with you whether you want it or not.

Can I assume Ghost in the Graveyard is the next announcement based off the HHN twitter? I am probably very wrong, but mentioning tombstones seem like a curious choice. More than likely I am now looking way too much into this. Could be a Corpses announcement as well.

I figured they would save Us for last.

I'd say you're looking too far into it. The thing the Twitter posts this year are very much random. And tombstones are common Halloween affair.

The last three announcements were marked by (Orlando account wise) a related emoji of sorts. So...that may be the new thing?