Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

There’s already talks about HHN getting Blummed for the 30th? Really hope they go with returning original themes or icons for the SZ or something special with their event-created concepts to balance all the IPs that “have” to return next year.

:bigeye:

Gut says Halloween but my brains saying Black Christmas. Supposedly Warner Bros is easing up on Universal so hopefully they can get a big one from them next year

Black Christmas would be insaaaaaaane. Those phone calls are some of the best horror I've seen. Only problem is how they'll do Billy, though just a black mask with a single eye visible would be really surreal and creepy.

Wrt WB for next year, the presence of Creepshow and the fact that they were apparently entertaining the idea of GoT coming in the first place (they pitched it, but the reason WB said no was the leaks, if I'm getting the story right?) bodes well for the future.

The fact that the Creepshow maze at Hollywood incorporates a direct adaptation of a Stephen King story (Grey Matter from Night Shift) makes me think it could be anything, from IT compilation and Doctor Sleep to Salem's Lot (assuming that's still coming in 2020) to Conjuring 3.

My impression is that the AT&T merger changed things - as some with more insight than me have suggested, they want absolutely no involvement in running physical themed experiences, including something seasonal like Horror Made Here. They'd much rather take the easy, passive income of collecting licensing $$. This would include allowing attractions for Halloween Horror Nights.

I am under the impression that The Conjuring is still off limits to parties outside Warner Bros itself. Something like IT, however, could theoretically be on the table (assuming Stephen King can be circumvented.) Creepshow coming together is telling.

From 23 through 27, you entered the queue for a house next to Minion Mayhem's entrance.

I've always wondered: how did they lay out the SS house exits at 23? It was a pretty unusual configuration.

My impression is that the AT&T merger changed things - as some with more insight than me have suggested, they want absolutely no involvement in running physical themed experiences, including something seasonal like Horror Made Here. They'd much rather take the easy, passive income of collecting licensing $$. This would include allowing attractions for Halloween Horror Nights.

I am under the impression that The Conjuring is still off limits to parties outside Warner Bros itself. Something like IT, however, could theoretically be on the table (assuming Stephen King can be circumvented.) Creepshow coming together is telling.

There is no way in hell King allows It to come to HHN. Ever.

Scale of 0-10, how big is the property are they negotiating with Blumhouse for 30? Maybe Invisible Man.

Was the merger completed before Horror Made Here last year? Or was the event far enough along in conception/production, they figured "Ah, we'll just roll with it for this year"?

I've always wondered: how did they lay out the SS house exits at 23? It was a pretty unusual configuration.

Scale of 0-10, how big is the property are they negotiating with Blumhouse for 30? Maybe Invisible Man.

Those configurations sucked. Long walks with bottlenecks by the performance stage and New York flats.

And I wouldn't say never. We got The Shining, and Warner Bros. was able to do the traditional IT maze at their event. There's clearly a way.

As for Blumhouse... sometimes the conversation is just "there isn't really anything we can adapt this year." With that said, I would expect Purge 5.

For sure, if Invisible Man is a hit, then other Universal Monsters are coming from them, and that'll probably be a regular fixture at HHN going forward. Dunno about Invisible Man itself though, for obvious, character related reasons.

Universal also recently did test screenings for a Blumhouse movie called "You Should Have Left," which I've been banging on about since the book it's based on is so good. It's got some nifty characters and some terrifying moments in book form (baby monitors!), and it's being directed by the guy that wrote the OG Jurassic Park, so if that comes in 2020, Uni might be looking at that.

There's a path forward for King properties, especially considering WB's IT experience both this year and 2017.

For sure, if Invisible Man is a hit, then other Universal Monsters are coming from them, and that'll probably be a regular fixture at HHN going forward. Dunno about Invisible Man itself though, for obvious, character related reasons.

There's a path forward for King properties, especially considering WB's IT experience both this year and 2017.

I was kinda under the impression that he only let WB have the rights. Remember, the only reason they got The Shining and Creepshow was because of Kubrick and Romero, respectively.

I was kinda under the impression that he only let WB have the rights. Remember, the only reason they got The Shining and Creepshow was because of Kubrick and Romero, respectively.

That's not how this generally works. IT is one of King's older properties. Newer stuff he does I'm sure is locked down to where he exercises a tremendous amount of approvals/control... but in this instance, I imagine Warner Bros would have the majority of power over deciding what can happen with the filmic version of the property.

I’m honestly shocked that I’m seeing nothing about Knott’s in relation to the Tooth Fairy discussion. As soon as that rumor surfaced, their own maze was the only thing I could think about. Of course, Knott’s doesn’t own the legend of the Tooth Fairy, but if UO’s concept was even remotely similar to theirs, it could’ve potentially bring around some controversy.